SIM Unlock Your Cricket Free(ish) [Current Cricket Customers]

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You must be a current Cricket Customer.

Read the Cricket Unlock Policy: it states...
  1. The device you want to unlock has been active for at least six (6) months of paid service or you are on a $70 plan.
  2. The device is designed for use on and is locked to Cricket's network.
  3. The device has not been reported lost or stolen.
  4. The device is not associated with a fraudulent account.

Here's what you do.
  • have your active Cricket SIM inserted in the phone you wish to unlock
  • dial *#06# to see your IMEI - write this number down
  • log on to the Cricket website in a browser
  • in your account summary, click on your phone number to get detailed view
  • change plan details
  • select $70 unlimited plan
  • submit payment for the difference in plan level (this will be prorated so the closer to your payment due by date, the lower the amount)
  • refresh the phone number details page to ensure it shows the device you wish unlocked and that you have unlimited data
  • at the bottom of the page start a chat
  • give the rep your name, phone number and account PIN
  • request the unlock and provide the IMEI, the rep will confirm you are on the $70 plan and provide the code
  • dial ##7820# to access the carrier lock status page
  • input the unlock code you were given and tap the check mark
  • the symbol will change from locked to unlocked
  • thank the chat rep and exit chat
  • on your phone number detail page, change plan level back to your previous plan amount
  • receive the entire prorated amount back to your account as a credit that will reduce your next bill
The whole thing took me less than 15 minutes and I got a full rebate on the payment submitted for the plan change....

Enjoy.

Obviously, I just confirmed this as working...

wp_ss_20170117_0001.png

*Don't bother trying the code in the picture, They are unique and that one will only work on the device I just unlocked. :winktongue:

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL... I found a limit. I went in to unlock another today. I guess 2 changes a billing period is where the line is drawn.

Capture01.png

I should have swapped the SIM over to the Android phone, gotten the second unlock and then gone back down to my previous plan level.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing to note is that you have to be active with the SIM on the device you are unlocking and it can take several days for that to show in the system. I did this for a co-worker and had to use his 650 for a few days until it registered in their system that I was using the device I was requesting to unlock.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
One thing to note is that you have to be active with the SIM on the device you are unlocking and it can take several days for that to show in the system. I did this for a co-worker and had to use his 650 for a few days until it registered in their system that I was using the device I was requesting to unlock.

Good info!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Just prior to my unlock documented above...

I had had my SIM in a T-Mo branded Idol 4S testing that it was unlocked. Maybe the day before I unlocked my L650?

When I first logged into the site and examined my number, it said I was using a BYOP. But my SIM was in my L650. Refreshing the page put the L650 in the slot and I made my plan change unlock...

Refreshing the page associated with your number seems to force the recognition.

YMMV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3