Windows Phone Smartwatch with physical buttons

jm_mj

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have created a smartwatch interface based on Windows Phone. I'm not a designer, therefore the pictures looks probably crappy. But I think it is enough to understand my concept. You find it under the following website: Windows Phone on a Smartwatch

I would like to hear your opinion. Furthermore I have one big question: My concept strongly based on the idea, that the smartwatch should completly usable with hardware buttons. I don't want to abandon the touchscreen, but physical buttons play a very important role in my concept. One of the reason is my opinion, that it would be much more comfortable to use the hardware buttons for example to navigate. And here is my question to people, who have some experience with touchscreen smartwatches: How difficulty is it to use the smartwatch without accidentally trigger some action or gesture? If that is difficult, especially in situations, where you are in a hurry, hardware buttons will make much more sense.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Interesting concept. However, I wouldn't want hardware buttons on a smartwatch. If I want any physical hardware, I'd go for a mechanical watch, not a smartwatch.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps if the buttons were the dynamically generated physical buttons through glass that remoulds, I would be down for it. Otherwise, thanks but no thanks. Like Laura said, I wouldn't want physical buttons on a smartwatch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon