Screen Protection

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The screen protection that came with my band has come off after a few weeks. I have ordered Skinomi? TechSkin - Microsoft Band Screen Protector + Carbon Fiber Full Body Skin Protector. I am just wondering if I apply the inner part (over the skin sensor) if it will a negative effect? Also, can anyone tell me if this product is any good? Many thanks.

DrFate

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Installing the skin over the sensor could cause interference and lead it to work incorrectly. Plus, what is the point of putting a skin on the sensor, it will always be protected by your wrist since it is inner facing.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I wish I would have put one of these skins on. My band is working fine, but the rubberized coating is peeling off in places. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Attachments

• WP_20150113_21_32_33_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150113_21_32_33_Pro.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 8

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
When I was in college, I had a part time job at a store, where they sold various watch bands. With some people, they go through a leather band every 6 months or so due to their body chemistry. With others, it last them several years.

Perhaps there is a similar issue wit the rubber coating on the Band, where some people's skin react differently than others. It just reminded me of what I used to see then looking at your image....

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I was in college, I had a part time job at a store, where they sold various watch bands. With some people, they go through a leather band every 6 months or so due to their body chemistry. With others, it last them several years.

Perhaps there is a similar issue wit the rubber coating on the Band, where some people's skin react differently than others. It just reminded me of what I used to see then looking at your image....

Might actually be something to this....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes