Shop Holiday deals at:Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Microsoft | Dell

The screen protection that came with my band has come off after a few weeks. I have ordered Skinomi« TechSkin - Microsoft Band Screen Protector + Carbon Fiber Full Body Skin Protector. I am just wondering if I apply the inner part (over the skin sensor) if it will a negative effect? Also, can anyone tell me if this product is any good? Many thanks.
    01-12-2015 05:32 PM
    Installing the skin over the sensor could cause interference and lead it to work incorrectly. Plus, what is the point of putting a skin on the sensor, it will always be protected by your wrist since it is inner facing.
    Snow Wight likes this.
    01-12-2015 05:40 PM
    Ha! Well of course! Good point, well made
    01-12-2015 05:57 PM
    Most of these carbon fiber skin protectors come with cut outs for sensors and should not be a problem
    Snow Wight likes this.
    01-13-2015 08:05 AM
    I wish I would have put one of these skins on. My band is working fine, but the rubberized coating is peeling off in places. Has anyone else seen this happen?
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20150113_21_32_33_pro.jpg  
    01-14-2015 01:58 PM
    When I was in college, I had a part time job at a store, where they sold various watch bands. With some people, they go through a leather band every 6 months or so due to their body chemistry. With others, it last them several years.

Perhaps there is a similar issue wit the rubber coating on the Band, where some people's skin react differently than others. It just reminded me of what I used to see then looking at your image....
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    01-14-2015 02:33 PM
    I had it happen on the top metal edge. I took it back to a Microsoft Store and they swapped it out.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    01-14-2015 04:50 PM
    When I was in college, I had a part time job at a store, where they sold various watch bands. With some people, they go through a leather band every 6 months or so due to their body chemistry. With others, it last them several years.

Perhaps there is a similar issue wit the rubber coating on the Band, where some people's skin react differently than others. It just reminded me of what I used to see then looking at your image....
    Might actually be something to this....
    01-14-2015 05:22 PM
    I had it happen on the top metal edge. I took it back to a Microsoft Store and they swapped it out.
    I'd love to swap it out, but I'm nowhere near a store. I'm also worried about supply. If I send mine in, week I have a guarantee to get one back quickly???
    01-14-2015 05:24 PM