Pause step counting?

WAR

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have discovered that my band tracks phantom steps while I am on my riding lawn mower. Yesterday, I took it off and left it on the porch while working in the yard. Then, I realized that I get off the mower and do quite a bit of walking while doing yard work, steps that aren't being tracked. Is there a way to "pause" the step counting while riding, and turn it back on at the appropriate times? Thanks.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
There's not, but I wish there was. I got credited for 45,000 steps on Sunday while riding a horse. I don't think he appreciated me getting credit for all his hard work!

JoeHempel

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if it is because it doesn't really count ALL your steps so it just kind of drifts upwards when it knows you're moving.

WAR

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I hope MS adds some much needed features to the band. Fitness Bands are an extremely competitive product!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I think people are expecting far too much of a device that crams that many sensors into a package paired with limited RAM and storage (for a price of $200). It is a first generation device and you cannot expect it to do everything. If you do not want it to measure phantom steps while on a lawnmower or while driving, and do not want to take it off, perhaps you might want to press the little power off button to turn it off (as opposed to just turning the display off). It resumes counts, etc., when you power back on so the only thing you are missing is tracking your heart rate and seeing notifications while mowing. Under the circumstances to see notifications would require having your phone with you so it is not too big an inconvenience. The other power off option is under settings.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Well said Stephen_az I think all they want to do is complain, thats all we seem to get here on the forum, instead of figuring out a work around and offering that like you just did,

WAR

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
:smile: I didn't know it was that easy to turn the band on and off, although I've looked through the Microsoft Band FAQ's. I guess at my age, I'm more of an old time printed instruction manual type of user. That answers my question and is a very usable work around. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes