do all Cortana notifications push to band?

papanoongaku

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
finally looking to get either a dedicated GPS watch or a smart wearable with GPS like the Sony Smartwatch 3 or the Band.

obviously there is a dearth of apps for the Band, but Cortana and notification integration. here's my question:

Do all notifications from Cortana or my Lumia get pushed to my Band, regardless if there is a dedicated app for it?

Concretely, if i'm walking through the airport terminal and my MSN Travel app on the phone pushes a gate change, does that notification get pushed to the Band? does it say "Gate Change" like it would in the notification center on the phone or something simple like "Your phone has a notification for you" which i then have to check on my phone?

thanks
PNO

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The Band includes a Notification tile and a Cortana Tile. You can pick up to 13 tiles. If you turn on the notification tile, any notification that is turned on in WP 8.1 gets pushed to the Band. If you have Cortana enabled, any reminder made in Cortana gets pushed to the Band. I don't use MSN Travel, but I would assume that notifications would get pushed to the Band as soon as your phone receives them. This is a really fantastic feature, as it allows you to keep your phone's volume very low or silenced and still receive important notices of text messages, calls, or IFTTT notices via Pushalot. Also works great in concert, festival, or sporting events where it is too loud to hear, but you can feel the haptic alerts.

papanoongaku

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
great. I also then assume, from your response, that it's possible to kill all notifications to the Band? I don't want it going off during dinner or while i'm reading bedtime stories to my kids. I don't want to be *that* connected.

papanoongaku

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
thanks for your help. i ordered the Band and a TomTom Runner and i'll see which i like more. as a run tracker, the Band seems great, but i don't know if i'm ready for all the 'connectedness' that it entails.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps you have the ability to turn off and ignore your phone when you don't want to be bothered by calls, texts, or anything else from your phone. You can totally do that with the Band.

But it also enables you to unobtrusively monitor notifications with phone ringer turned off with just a quick glance at your wrist, ignoring anything that doesn't need your attention. As a small business owner that is on call 24/7 and cannot use Quiet Hours, I really appreciate that. So for me, it makes me far less intrusive on family life and day off than I was before the Band.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The Band includes a Notification tile and a Cortana Tile. You can pick up to 13 tiles. If you turn on the notification tile, any notification that is turned on in WP 8.1 gets pushed to the Band. If you have Cortana enabled, any reminder made in Cortana gets pushed to the Band. I don't use MSN Travel, but I would assume that notifications would get pushed to the Band as soon as your phone receives them. This is a really fantastic feature, as it allows you to keep your phone's volume very low or silenced and still receive important notices of text messages, calls, or IFTTT notices via Pushalot. Also works great in concert, festival, or sporting events where it is too loud to hear, but you can feel the haptic alerts.

Hi, is there anything special to configure for Cortana reminders?

My band gets all other notifications without problems, however even though I have the Cortana Tile on my band and notifications enabled, neither time-based nor location-based reminders of Cortana get pushed through my band. Maybe I miss some configuration for that.

MidnightHacker

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Time or location based reminders do not come through to the Band for me either.

This is when paired to my personal IOS device or paired to my work Windows 8.1 device.

Every other random Notification Center reminder seems to come through to the Band just fine... I'm at a loss as to how this feature was not implemented from the get go. Besides being a fitness tracker, this would seem to me to be the "killer feature" of a Smart Watch. Hope this is coming soon!

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Weird, I have a location reminder for when every time I leave the house and that works fine... I also get time based reminders for things on my calendar.

Are you on Windows Phone using Cortana for location reminders? MidnightHacker is on iOS, so I'm assuming Siri doesn't push to the band?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Time or location based reminders do not come through to the Band for me either.

This is when paired to my personal IOS device or paired to my work Windows 8.1 device.

Every other random Notification Center reminder seems to come through to the Band just fine... I'm at a loss as to how this feature was not implemented from the get go. Besides being a fitness tracker, this would seem to me to be the "killer feature" of a Smart Watch. Hope this is coming soon!

Nokia 928 and Win 8.1 DP here. No problems with time or location based reminders. I told Cortana to remind me to pick up eggs next time I was at the grocery store. When I got there, my Band had the alert. Never had to take my phone out of my pocket.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Time based reminders now come through for me, no idea what changed in the meantime. However, still no location based reminders on the Band...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes