it stops burning calories when u "end" your workout.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone notice that when you are working out and you take a quick rest, the "fire" icon which is the burning calories is STILL rising up.
band02.jpg

But when you hit "end" for the workout, it stops raising burned calories.
band03.jpg
band04.jpg
band01.jpg

Shouldn't it continue to burn calories?

I mean my heart is still pumping fast. Does anyone else wait until they're at a regular heart rate before they end their workout?

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I think you'll find that your 'daily' calorie burn is still being affected after the workout is ended. If you look at the web dashboard's daily calorie burn graph, you'll see different rates of burn throughout the day, and that's based on (I would guess) heart rate and activity level (steps). Sure, the highest rate is going to be during an 'activity', but the calorie burn calculation doesn't stop just because you've ended the activity. Hard to judge just how accurate this is, since the graph only breaks it down in hourly increments, and heart rate is sampled less often when not actually in an activity, but I'd think it is evidence that you are in fact getting credit for increased calorie burn even after the workout is ended.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if I misunderstood the question, but remember the display you're looking at is "total calories burned during your workout." That in itself is already a tricky little number, but it likely includes at least 2 components: (1) calories burned due to basic body maintenance + (2) the calories burned due to exercise. So that number should start at 0 at the beginning of your workout, and end when you finish (like you observed).

On the other hand, life goes on and even after the workout you continue to burn calories. Like Nate noted, your basal burn rate stays elevated for some time after the workout. That number shows up in your daily total, which starts at 0 every midnight and continues to climb all day long. You can check that out by leaving the workout tile, and going to the "Me tile" (i.e., "home screen"), tapping it, and then scrolling to "Calories". Just remember that what you're now looking at is total calories burned since midnight -- in other words, it will be considerably higher than the workout number you were just viewing.

-Matt

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital