No screen protector

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So my new Band should arrive Nov 2, but the screen protector wont until Nov. 7th.

What should I do? Maybe cut out one of my 1520 protectors?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'd worry more about a clasp protector:

115007d1445633748-scratchedclasp.jpg

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So my new Band should arrive Nov 2, but the screen protector wont until Nov. 7th.

Huh, I hadn't thought about that. I preordered my Band 2 and screen protector, and just assumed they would arrive at the same time. Wearing the Band without the protector, even for a few days, kind of eliminates the need for the protector, because there will likely be scratches by the time the protector arrives. I was a little surprised that the protector wasn't included, like it was with the Band 1.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Huh, I hadn't thought about that. I preordered my Band 2 and screen protector, and just assumed they would arrive at the same time. Wearing the Band without the protector, even for a few days, kind of eliminates the need for the protector, because there will likely be scratches by the time the protector arrives. I was a little surprised that the protector wasn't included, like it was with the Band 1.

Where did you order the screen protector? What brand? The glass on band 2 should be strong and scratch resistant compare to the first generation band.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Where did you order the screen protector? What brand? The glass on band 2 should be strong and scratch resistant compare to the first generation band.
When I preordered the Band at the MS store, they asked if I wanted the screen protector, no details on brand.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
With the original band, some people mentioned just putting a strip of Scotch tape over it until they could pick up a screen protector.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Never really saw any Band 1 screens, just scuffed up bezels. Wonder if this Gorilla Glass will be the entire display area including bezel this time around?

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Never really saw any Band 1 screens, just scuffed up bezels. Wonder if this Gorilla Glass will be the entire display area including bezel this time around?

Going by the available photos, that's the way it looks to me, the bezel is also covered by the glass. So now we just need to fret about that clasp.......

Teeceman

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if the UV window within the clasp is also Gorilla Glass, as judging by the picture above it may be vulnerable to being scratched up as well.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So is there a consensus here as to the need or not for a screen protector. I found the Armour Suit ones for my Band 1 to be a pain in the neck. No matter how carefully applied the edges would soon begin to come up and off.

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I've used my Lumia 1020 which sports Gorilla Glass 3 for almost two years without screen protector and the display got in contact with keys, coins, sand, etc. and only has some very very small and barely noticeable scratches. (I always laugh at people who have to put a screen protector on their (i)phone :grin:) I will go for it and use the Band 2 without a screen protector

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes