Microsoft Band 2 Shipping

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Preordered from MS online on the 7th, still shows as in process. I agree with someone above who posted that receiving pre ordered items AFTER they are released in stores is frustrating. Still hoping I get it in time to golf with it on Sunday :)

golfingasu

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
If pre-orders arrive days after the product becomes available in the store, there's no point in pre-ordering the next MS product that I want.

Hopefully the FedEx tracking info I received is inaccurate.
Completely agree, if anything you ought to reward the people that preordered.

Mine now says its in Memphis, hopefully get here early!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
What is happening is really funny.

I am currently in Qatar, where we have a service that allows us to buy stuff from the US, then they ship it from US to Qatar for a certain amount based on weight. (Service called Shop and ship - ARAMEX)

So my band will literally travel around the globe till it reaches me.

this total trip around earth will cost me $17 lol.

ChrisG_MS

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I also got a Monday 10:30am arrival time from FedEx for the two Band's I have coming. I pre-ordered as soon as pre-order was available. It's really interesting to see these shipping directly from China... I'm impressed that they are pushing hard to get them into my hands as quickly as possible.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that there was a little uncertainty on the front end of this delivery, and MS didn't want to over-promise on the delivery time, so they insisted on the latest potential delivery date that might happen with clearing customs, etc. With FedEx having this in Memphis at 2 AM today, there's no way that delivery will take place in the US on Mon, unless someone is having a natural disaster right now.

kazinova

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine is still is China... :*(

Definitely a Monday delivery for me, if it was UPS I could snag it a day early since I work near the main depot. At least Fedex delivers in the afternoon, though. UPS delivers to my house around 7:30pm for some reason. I'm almost always the last stop...

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
FedEx is giving me a 11/2 delivery date and as of today it's arrived in Tennessee.

In all these years I've never seen that delivery date change in the middle of shipping. The only time I've had the date missed has been recently with UPS and that's because the local facility apparently didn't load it on the truck.

I can't recall ever having something arrive early and I don't think FedEx gives a toss about Microsoft's release dates. From my experience Monday seems typical given where it's coming from; if you forego expedited shipping that is.

I can see people being irked about getting their preordered Band after it's available in stores. Although, I'd argue that it's an acceptable trade off for convenience and avoiding the risk of them being sold out in stores.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to a kind member on here I should get one sent to me in Thailand soon. Ironic that it comes from China yet Microsoft Thailand never sold the Band here. I sent them a Tweet (Microsoft Thailand) and they replied that will announce the Band 2 release date in Thailand 'as soon as they know more'. I hope they sell it here, it'll make it much easier to get it repaired, unlike my broken Band 1 (strap broke, works fine otherwise) which is just gathering dust in a drawer.

insight3fl

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Same here... So much for my Fed Ex expertise! I was sure it had already made the trip. Let us hope that it will arrive in US hub in about 8-10 hours and arrive at our local delivery station by 6:00 am tomorrow morning for Friday delivery. According to this shipping service, there is no Saturday delivery for this class of international shipping.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Got my shipping notice this morning! Coming via UPS. No tracking info posted yet so I'm unsure where its coming from. I placed my pre-order on Oct 6th.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Got my shipping notice this morning! Coming via UPS. No tracking info posted yet so I'm unsure where its coming from. I placed my pre-order on Oct 6th.

Exactly the same for me. UPS, should be shipping today (label printed but not picked up). I ordered on the 6th too. Interestingly, my "Complete Care" shows as being ahead of the actual Band in the shipping process.

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine also showing it is still in China, but delivery date has been pushed up to TODAY!

We'll see if it actually gets here or not, but hey, even tomorrow would be great :)

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Like others here, FedEx is telling me mine is still in China. But the delivery date hasn't changed; it's still due to arrive next Monday.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Like others here, FedEx is telling me mine is still in China. But the delivery date hasn't changed; it's still due to arrive next Monday.

Same here...got notification a couple days ago and currently in transit still in China with delivery date on Monday :\. If that's the case, should of just preordered it at the MSFT store locally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon