Band 2 Sync with PC Issue

ScottyKnox

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Got my Band 2 this afternoon and enjoy all the changes. I am having the same issue I developed with my Band 1 when it comes to PC Sync. I have the latest (1.3.11016.1) Sync software installed on my Windows 10 Desktop. The band charges when I plug it into a USB port, I hear the PC recognize a USB devices is plugged in and the "Devices & Printers" screen shows that the PC recognizes it as a Microsoft Band. The Sync App doesn't respond to the band.

I had this same issue develop on my Band 1 after several months and was never able to sync via PC again. I have tried every USB port (not using a hub) and have tried restarts of both the PC and Band. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

ScottyKnox

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
On the Band 1 the issue was mostly attributed to corrosion on the contacts. This should not be the case with the Band 2 since it is new and the contacts are now hidden away in the clasp.

I have tried my band on a WIn7 PC, a Win 10 PC, and a Win 7 laptop. No luck on all 3 of these devices.

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Again - still?

I had this issue with my Band 1 also (Both the original and replacement.). No, it's not caused by corroded contacts.

So far the Band 2 syncs via my W10 PC just fine. Disturbed by your report however.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I didn't know I could sync to my Win 10 PC until I read this thread, :amaze: I was able to sync it with no problem though after getting the heads up from you guys.

Last edited:

ScottyKnox

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset of my band to get the PC Sync software to recognize it. Not sure what the issue was, but glad to have sync back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon