Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

Currently got iPhone 6 and was looking at having a dabble with a lumia 930.

Just wanted to know what the benefits are of having a Windows phone over iOS when it comes to the MS Band 2?
    11-25-2015 08:58 AM

Just wanted to know what the benefits are of having a Windows phone over iOS when it comes to the MS Band 2?
    Not much really. I think Cortana (if you live in the states) is the only feature that is missing with iOS. And (not sure) but actionable notifications(?)/notification sync.
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    11-25-2015 11:05 AM
    I am also IOS. I was interested in trying out a windows phone. I believe with Windows phone you can also respond to texts with pre-canned responses (Android can also do this, IOS won't allow this) and use Cortana to dictate text responses.

Edited to add that windows phone should also add a keyboard for responding to texts.

Dave
    Last edited by DKatman; 11-25-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-25-2015 09:56 PM
    I am also IOS. I was interested in trying out a windows phone. I believe with Windows phone you can also respond to texts with pre-canned responses (Android can also do this, IOS won't allow this) and use Cortana to dictate text responses.

Edited to add that windows phone should also add a keyboard for responding to texts.

Dave
    I have an android and I can reply text with the little keyboard. I have tested it yesterday and it's working fine
    11-26-2015 01:19 AM
    I recently switched from WP to iPhone. The feature I miss most is the VIP feature. So, the Band would see the emails I was getting and I could quickly browse them, but it would only vibrate when I received one from a VIP. With the iPhone, there's the VIP feature on the phone itself, but now I only get the emails from the VIPs on my Band. Not a deal breaker, but that was definitely a nice feature.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-26-2015 06:34 AM
    If you don't mind complicating your life a bit, you can buy a Lumia 640 for $50 and use it as a wi-fi device for your Band/Band 2. The range you can stray would be limited to your wi-fi but if you are using a treadmill or doing your workouts at home, you would have Cortana and notifications for the Band/Band 2. The only thing missing would be the calls that go through your wireless carrier.
    11-26-2015 08:02 PM
    You're missing out on my app. http://45six.com/dev/gamerband
    All my colleagues and friends have Windows Phone so I've not felt motivated to learn how to write iOS apps as yet.
    daymouse likes this.
    11-27-2015 03:05 AM
    You're missing out on my app. GamerBand
    All my colleagues and friends have Windows Phone so I've not felt motivated to learn how to write iOS apps as yet.
    Thats a great app well done, good idea!

Well I've managed to find a Lumia 930 for 120 refurbished so picking it up tomorrow. Will give it a try see how i get on. I went through all my apps and theres 2 apps that are missing which is Amazon Music which is a pain but theres other sources of music and Santander which isn't my main bank only for savings so thats not too bad.
    LeiChat likes this.
    11-27-2015 12:33 PM
    I've honestly been thinking about getting a cheap windows phone and using it as my "work" phone so I can respond to texts on my wrist and stuff. The only problem I see is having to reset the device each time I want to switch from iphone to windows phone. Seems too cumbersome. The only feature I really want is to be able to respond to text. @Davide Moriello You mean even android phones can respond to texts on the band? Wow, why does apple have to be so complicated. I may have to get a cheap android or something and see. Is there anyway I can forward texts from my iphone to my "new and cheap" windows phone and respond to those on my band? I think I'm asking for too much lol.
    11-27-2015 10:51 PM
    Part of the complication may be iMessage? It doesn't play nice off Apple.
    11-28-2015 10:25 AM

None if you have a 950 or 950XL....The Brainiacs at MS cant even figure out a way to pair their OWN Band 2 with their OWN MS Phone.....
    11-30-2015 03:05 PM
    None if you have a 950 or 950XL....The Brainiacs at MS cant even figure out a way to pair their OWN Band 2 with their OWN MS Phone.....
    Don't worry, it will be fixed in a future update. Just another thing to wait on.
    11-30-2015 03:11 PM
    Don't worry, it will be fixed in a future update. Just another thing to wait on.
    We have been hearing this for 5 years now.....my old PRE 3 is looking at me funny right now.....
    11-30-2015 03:19 PM
    If the past predicts the future, as WM10 stabilizes and the number of users starts slowly growing, they will hold off on developing new phones for a year or so, then replace the OS with a new iteration that will be built from the ground up.

I think they should call this latest set of phones the Windows Pane and Windows Pane XL.
    11-30-2015 04:21 PM
    I guess I am atypical compared to most people who populate this site, but I've been very happy with my recent and current MS products. I have my Band 2 paired with my 950XL, and It is working well except for VIP email, which is a pretty minor thing for me. It has taken a couple of days to get everything set up on my new phone, but I think that is normal for just about any device.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-30-2015 04:43 PM