02-09-2017 02:35 AM
54 123
tools
    Today I looked down at my Band 2 and noticed the band itself had a crack or split on it. Does anyone know if there is an option to replace the band at all or am I going to have to purchase a new Band 2?
    I'm disappointed as I've only had the Band 2 since November 2nd and I really like it compared to my Android Wear watches I have.
    Any suggestion on how to repair would be appreciated too. I was thinking super glue just to keep the damage from growing and hopefully just living with it.
    I order this online through the Microsoft Store and don't have any experience dealing with them for a replacement but I'm unsure if I want to go without a Band 2 if they would make me send it in first. I wish I lived close to a store but I don't.

wp_20151230_13_17_55_rich.jpg
    12-30-2015 04:33 PM
    it should be under warranty so I would definitely get a hold of them for a replacement asap.
    12-30-2015 05:21 PM
    it should be under warranty so I would definitely get a hold of them for a replacement asap.
    ^^^ This. If you're near a physical Microsoft store, you might make a in-person visit.
    12-30-2015 05:39 PM
    Disappointing end to my story. After sending my torn band in for warranty this is the letter I get back. Good luck to anyone else in this situation.
    img_20160209_173039.jpg
    02-09-2016 08:36 PM
    I have the same issue, I am going to the store and hope they replace it.
    02-12-2016 08:25 AM
    I have the same issue, I am going to the store and hope they replace it.
    I wish you luck. If a store wasn't more than a thousand miles away and didn't involve air fare to get there I would have gone to a store. So far the stores seem to be the only option for replacement that is working consistently.
    02-12-2016 09:58 AM
    Disappointing end to my story. After sending my torn band in for warranty this is the letter I get back. Good luck to anyone else in this situation.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160209_173039.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	122024
    That's ridiculous. I would complain using every outlet possible. A two-month old FITNESS band splitting and they're don't think it's on them, especially since so many split in the same fashion? BS. I will raise high heaven if this happens to mine, particularly since I baby the thing more than I should for a FITNESS band.
    02-12-2016 10:16 AM
    That's obviously a cut or something.

Damage you create it's not covered under the regular warranty. If you want that, you should have gotten Complete coverage.
    02-12-2016 10:33 AM

Damage you create it's not covered under the regular warranty. If you want that, you should have gotten Complete coverage.
    Accept there are numerous Bands splitting in the same manner and at the same location on the band. That is a defect and should be covered by the manufacturer.
    Kram Sacul and neoberry99 like this.
    02-12-2016 10:41 AM
    I can see why you would think that but honestly, it was not a cut. Best I can figure is that it occurred at some point when I was wearing the band sleeping. With all the other similar issues that people are having and the similarities in the pictures I think this is a real defect issue. I'm hanging around to keep tabs on others having the same issue in hopes that MS will start to stand by their product due to so many others having the same issue and MS actually taking responsibility.

bandgate
    02-12-2016 11:34 AM
    Just found this article stating MS is replacing bands free of charge. I guess I'm confused as I thought I went through the proper channels the first time.
    Microsoft?s Band 2 Begins to Tear for Some Users

At this point it's not hard to find people having the same issues.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/b...6639985?page=8

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftBand/
    02-12-2016 11:50 AM
    I can only guess that the warranty department is just filled with a lot of new guys who don't realize that it's a defect. I think you should keep trying. Failing that, always keep in mind that most purchases on a credit card have an inherited warranty. It depends on your card, but you can actually make a claim on these sorts of things.
    02-12-2016 03:31 PM
    I'd suggest you open the photo in another tab and go 100%. You'll see it's not as clean a straight line break as it appears in the small forum photo.

However, it might mark the end of an internal strain relief or some other discontinuity of stiffness - which tends to concentrate flexing into a small spot.
    02-12-2016 06:20 PM
    Accept there are numerous Bands splitting in the same manner and at the same location on the band. That is a defect and should be covered by the manufacturer.
    I see that now, seems it's becoming more common and Microsoft is addressing it.
    02-12-2016 11:00 PM
    Other fitness devices have had similar problems and the manufacturers have comeback with similar responses, which is unacceptable imo. It doesn't appear as though many of these things are built to last.
    02-13-2016 10:45 AM
    I took mine to the Microsoft Store yesterday and they replaced it without question.
    02-17-2016 01:35 PM
    Thanks living in Alaska no where near a Microsoft Store makes it impossible to go through the only method that actually works to get a replacement for this defect.
    Hopefully when others experience the issue I can send it back in to Microsoft for warranty repair but I'm not holding my breath. Some part of me is hoping that one of the writers for Windows Central have a similar experience and write an article about it to get some more attention on the subject.
    I hate that this experience has soured my view of Microsoft.
    02-17-2016 03:53 PM
    living in Alaska no where near a Microsoft Store
    Alaska? Winter? Are you sure you don't want to take a vacation somewhere?

Hawaii. California. Puerto Rico. There are lots of warmer places that have stores.
    02-17-2016 06:53 PM
    Very funny....but true. It's always good to get out of town when the days are short.

For all following along. I just received a phone call from a Microsoft Rep saying that they have reconsidered my case and someone will be contacting me to start the process to replace my band 2.
    I'm surprised I received a phone call and very pleased.
    DroidUser42 likes this.
    02-18-2016 06:19 PM
    Very funny....but true. It's always good to get out of town when the days are short.

For all following along. I just received a phone call from a Microsoft Rep saying that they have reconsidered my case and someone will be contacting me to start the process to replace my band 2.
    I'm surprised I received a phone call and very pleased.
    It's great to hear that!
    02-18-2016 07:02 PM
    My Band split yesterday after about 2 1/2 months of usage. I went to the MS store at Christina Mall with my wife (who got it for me for my B-day) and the rep at the store said it was abuse on my part and I had to pay $30 fee to get a new replacement, even though I had insurance on it. I'm kind of pissed about the situation and its obviously a defect in the design since the other side started getting a crack in it also.
    02-20-2016 08:43 PM
    Oh wow, I can't believe there are so many others experiencing the same issue I am. I did not expect to see so many threads complaining about a cracked band. At least I know I'm not alone in this. I'm going to go to the Microsoft Store tomorrow and see about getting this replaced along with my 950XL. That either just wants to restart 5 times a day or never unlock when I press the power button. I got both at launch, so hopefully I will fare better with more recently manufactured hardware. wp_20160221_04_11_40_rich_li-2-.jpg
    iamakii likes this.
    02-21-2016 04:17 AM
    Same here.. Sent it in last week, also got the letter saying that it wasn't covered.. Frustrating for sure. Until I saw this thread I totally thought I'd cut it in some mysteriously way.

wp_20160208_08_55_27_pro_li-2-.jpg

How does everybody else wear them? Just wondering if there is some kind of consistency to it. I generally wear with the face on top of my wrist.
    Same for anyone else?
    02-22-2016 08:03 AM
    I've been wearing my band face palm side. The band that tore was a large and I left it on all the time. On my wrist the large was about 2 clicks from fully tight. Because I had a feeling the replacement (I'm sending mine back to MS for the second time today for warranty replacement) would take some time so I actually purchased a second band 2. My second band 2 is a medium and I only wear this one during the day. On my wrist the medium is about 3 clicks from open. I babying this one for sure but if this one starts to tear I'm done and going back to android wear.
    02-22-2016 12:37 PM
    Well, I went into the nearest Windows store on Sunday and they replaced both the Band 2 and 950XL. For the band, they just straight up swapped it out for a new one, no questions asked. Getting the phone replaced took a bit more effort, but they swapped that out at well.
    02-23-2016 02:34 PM
54 123