Preorders are now LIVEfor all of the new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021

09-26-2016 01:03 PM
74 123
tools
    Hi All

I'm jumping into this thread quite late in the conversation, but yes, my Band 2 has just recently (in the past couple of days) stopped allowing me to use the keyboard or Cortana to respond to messages. The connection to my music is also very patchy.

I'm on a Lumia 950 running Windows 10 fast ring 14267.1004

There was also a firmware update that came through last night (16025.39016) but it's not done anything to correct the issue.

I've tried all the usual stuff...reset the Bluetooth connection, uninstall / reinstall the health app, factory reset the band, unregister the entire programme and re-register as if a new user with a brand new phone and band, etc, etc....nothing, absolutely nothing seems to work.

The weird thing is...it's not like it's permanently broken. Just occasionally it'll start working again, then it'll drop off and not work for days. Weird.

I've reported the problem through the Health app....hopefully I'm not alone and if MS get a ton of Bluetooth related complaints they'll react to it
    02-26-2016 06:56 AM
    You are not alone! I've got the same problem. There are several threads posted complaining of the same thing. We are all waiting for me fix. It's a little frustrating.
    02-26-2016 07:03 AM
    I have a Band 2 and Icon running 8.1. The Band functions perfectly. I'm confused by all the negativity from those of you running W10 on your phone, when it hasn't been officially released on the Icon. Do you really expect there to not be any issues?
    02-26-2016 07:29 AM
    I have a Band 2 and Icon running 8.1. The Band functions perfectly. I'm confused by all the negativity from those of you running W10 on your phone, when it hasn't been officially released on the Icon. Do you really expect there to not be any issues?
    Please don't ask rhetorical questions like that. We expect it to work on our phones that we PURCHASED with Windows 10...namely the 950 and 950XL.
    02-26-2016 08:29 AM
    Please don't ask rhetorical questions like that. We expect it to work on our phones that we PURCHASED with Windows 10...namely the 950 and 950XL.
    Works on my 950! ☺
    02-26-2016 08:38 AM
    W
    Works on my 950! ☺
    Which build/firmware are you on?
    02-26-2016 08:52 AM
    I wasn't referring to the 950/950XL. The complaint was regarding an Icon running W10 Preview, which should be enough to realize there are going to be issues.

02-27-2016 09:28 PM
    I'm adding myself to the chorus. This is a problem that needs to be fixed.
    03-07-2016 10:39 PM
    yup, Cortana is dead on the band USA, ATT, 950 XL dual sim. It briefly worked, and it even launched application on the phone from the Band for two days until I got the latest builds.
    03-08-2016 12:52 PM
    Yep, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Should work all the time now, now it's not interesting to try using Cortana, since it'll probably wont work
    03-08-2016 05:07 PM
    Has anybody seen this article re: Windows 10 mobile and the MS bands?
    http://www.bing.com/news/apiclick.as...BXYw&mkt=en-us
    03-10-2016 04:05 PM
    Has anybody seen this article re: Windows 10 mobile and the MS bands?
    http://www.bing.com/news/apiclick.as...BXYw&mkt=en-us
    This article really irritates me. It doesn't work right on the official W10M releases from Microsoft/AT&T either.
    03-10-2016 04:12 PM
    Yawn. FYI still no fix. Has anyone heard that Microsoft even knows this is a problem?
    03-10-2016 10:39 PM
    Yeah, they know. There is a user (devbent I think) on these forums that is a Microsoft rep and is aware of the issue.
    03-11-2016 08:21 AM
    Might be jinxing it right now, but did a full reset for my phone last thursday, to get rid of the Insider version that was installed (unrelated to the now known issues with the Band and Insider, just wanted to go back to release-version right away). Right after that, the latest fw for Band was released (the one including auto pause). Since then, Cortana seems to be working... Normally, when it would work, it stopped working after a few hours, now it's working for couple of days. Anyone else experiencing any progress?
    Brad Lambert likes this.
    03-12-2016 10:41 AM
    I'm on the exact same page as you all – Lumia 950 here.. The Cortana integration is spotty, but oddly enough the last Insider Fast build actually resolved all of my issues with the Band 2. Cortana even worked for certain tasks for a day, however I think that her consistent crashing on the 950 itself is to blame..

Has anyone else had Cortana crash nearly every time that you press+hold launch or hit 'enter' on a manual search on the Lumia 950? I may perform a hard reset and restore to backup, that way my Band 2 will be 100% functional. (for now.... *gruff*) Any others experiencing a sudden harmony with the Band 2's connectivity on the most recent Fast build?
    03-14-2016 08:55 PM
    Few days later, both notifications and cortana are still working pretty flawless. I'm actually a bit scared now.
    03-15-2016 05:48 AM
    I rarely use Cortana or keyboard to text from the Band. Every time I see one of these reports, I check to see if mine is currently working (640 XL currently running 10586.164). It doesn't always work the first time I check, but I've found that a power cycle of the phone always remedies that issue, at least temporarily.

I don't think it an issue that the feature doesn't work, but that there appears to be a particular Bluetooth connection issue that for some reason doesn't affect notifications or health synchronization.

For the record, I've had the keyboard connection issue with Windows Phone 8.1 and both the original Band and the Band 2. This issue has also spread across multiple phones including Lumia 920, 830, and the 640 XL. The solution for me has always been to power cycle the phone to restore that functionality for a while, which yes, does take away from the convenience of quickly doing a Cortana search or replying to a text message in the moment you realize you need to power cycle.
    03-17-2016 09:08 AM
    Can I add that, I am not using windows 10 and I just reported the keyboard stuck on connecting error, it appears to happen to me, when i go out of range of the phone. so its obviously a band/bluetooth issue. Same with Cortana, however I am able to fix it on my phone, by simply pulling down the notification menu, turning bluetooth off, then back on again. But it happens every day...

This is on windows 8.1 Nokia Lumia 920 MS Band 2 latest updates.
    03-17-2016 11:54 AM
    Hi All

I'm jumping into this thread quite late in the conversation, but yes, my Band 2 has just recently (in the past couple of days) stopped allowing me to use the keyboard or Cortana to respond to messages. The connection to my music is also very patchy.

I'm on a Lumia 950 running Windows 10 fast ring 14267.1004

There was also a firmware update that came through last night (16025.39016) but it's not done anything to correct the issue.

I've tried all the usual stuff...reset the Bluetooth connection, uninstall / reinstall the health app, factory reset the band, unregister the entire programme and re-register as if a new user with a brand new phone and band, etc, etc....nothing, absolutely nothing seems to work.

The weird thing is...it's not like it's permanently broken. Just occasionally it'll start working again, then it'll drop off and not work for days. Weird.

I've reported the problem through the Health app....hopefully I'm not alone and if MS get a ton of Bluetooth related complaints they'll react to it
    I have just had to reset my band as it simply refused to connect anymore, i would not recieve notifications, cortana didnt work and text reply just stuck on connecting. I had to unpair the band, reset it and seems to be alright now...I should not have do this...

I mentioned previously for a few days, i was having this problem on and off every day, then it just refused to connect to bluetooth full stop...I restarted my phone, deleted the phone pairing, turned off the band, still didnt work, Band had to be hard reset...

Everything is working again, That is after 10 weeks use, god i hope I do not have to keep doing this...
    03-22-2016 08:56 PM
    Good luck... I've had these problems from the day I got my 950. I did a hard reset at one point which got things working reliable for about a month and a half. Until MS updated the Health app, breaking all the smartwatch functionality. I could still update health related info, although even then syncing sometimes seemed a bit sluggish.

I will point out that the latest firmware and OS update restored that functionality. However, the Health app got an update which once again broke functionality. A simple restart took fixed that, something that has never worked in the past. Syncs seem to go much quicker now too.

That said, I'm not convinced this issue has been truly solved. I was having trouble responding to a message on the Band this morning. The keyboard came up, but it wasn't inserting words I had typed and kept switching between connecting and bringing me back to the keyboard. Cortana, at least, is still working.
    03-24-2016 09:02 AM
    What about build 14295? Does it fix the problem?
    03-26-2016 07:36 AM
    I rolled back to 8.1 and it seems to work, only have an issue probably due to my stressing tests :)...any solution for w10?i love its "settings" layout, groove interface and foto app :((

EDIT
    Issue ( keyboard "connecting") back again after a day...i'm losing my patience
    Last edited by em-martino; 03-27-2016 at 04:31 AM.
    03-26-2016 07:27 PM
    Can I add that, I am not using windows 10 and I just reported the keyboard stuck on connecting error, it appears to happen to me, when i go out of range of the phone. so its obviously a band/bluetooth issue. Same with Cortana, however I am able to fix it on my phone, by simply pulling down the notification menu, turning bluetooth off, then back on again. But it happens every day...

This is on windows 8.1 Nokia Lumia 920 MS Band 2 latest updates.
    Yes, me too. I just rolled back to 8.1 and keybord stucks "connecting" until I turn off/on BT on phone. Probably it 's due to new band firmware... or not??...did you find a solution?
    03-27-2016 04:26 AM
    Not yet, im experiencing intermittent connecting issues again, having upgraded to windows 10, it works on cortana, the keyboard keeps getting stuck on connecting while typing text messages...

I am tempted to go back to 8.1 again, I am really fed up now with this issue.

I was actually thinking of dumping the band and maybe not bother again. i am beginning to feel like the purchase was the biggest mistake I have made.I feel like I just wasted 200 on an external notification centre, really...the most basic aspect of the band and I have to keep resetting it.

On Windows 8.1 it worked, till it stopped working then it reset, now with windows 10, it bugs out at random intervals, generally when I am typing a text reply...
    03-27-2016 12:10 PM
74 123