Paired my Band 2 with Nexus 5x and my Notification Center tile is out of control

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I set up my Band 2 with a Nexus 5x over the weekend and it seems like my wrist is now buzzing every other minute because of the Notifications Center tile. Seemingly everything that happens on the phone triggers at least one if not multiple alerts in the notification shade. I don't see how my band is going to last through a full day (I'm only half-kidding).
  • Installing an app? Wrist buzzes to alert me the install has begun. Wrist buzzes to alert me that the download will finish in twenty seconds. Wrist buzzes to alert me that download will finish in four seconds. Wrist buzzes to alert me that the app has installed.
  • Sending a Glympse? The Band buzzed every few seconds to tell me how many minutes and seconds were left until my Glympse expired. After five or six such notifications I had to just kill the Glympse.
  • Either Google or Weather Underground is continually updating the weather in the background- leading to new alerts via the Notifications Center tile on my Band.
  • I just got a text message and it looks like that generates an alert not only on the Messaging tile but also the Notifications Center tile.

Seems like I may have to just remove the Notification Center tile.

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
re:

Hi Chris,

You can edit what apps' notification get sent to the Notification Center tile.

In Manage Tiles, scroll down to Notification Center and tap the pen icon. Press "Change notification center apps" and set what apps you want to see notifications from.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 5 and was considering a Band 2. How is the android experience? Can you use cortana with the Band 2 on android?

Anything you can't do with android / band 2 / cortana that you can on windows phone, or did cortana's availability on android bridge that feature gap?

Really want a decent fitness focused smart watch to use with my note 5, so I am curious about your experience on the nexus 5x with the band 2.

toddsay

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'd say the Android experience is quite good, but there is no Cortana integration (not yet anyway, I keep hoping). I'm not aware of anything else that can't be done on Android (vs. Windows Phone). With the band 1 the tiny keyboard only worked with WP, but the band 2 changed that.

I'm loving the Band 2 in general, although my battery life has been a bit short (can't always get through the day before it warns of low battery). I'm also wishing it allowed more tiles, as I keep bumping into that limit and need to remove tiles I actually use.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a note 5 and was considering a Band 2. How is the android experience? Can you use cortana with the Band 2 on android?

Anything you can't do with android / band 2 / cortana that you can on windows phone, or did cortana's availability on android bridge that feature gap?

Really want a decent fitness focused smart watch to use with my note 5, so I am curious about your experience on the nexus 5x with the band 2.

I've been pretty happy so far. Honestly I rarely used the Cortana integration because I usually have a Bluetooth headset that I could just tap instead. The Microsoft health app is basically the same, and may actually be a bit faster.

One cool thing that I've found is that I now get directions on my wrist because Google Now pushes them through the notifications.

Posted from my Nexus 5X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon