Notification synchronization between phone and PC

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've seen reports for a while that one of the features in the "Anniversary Update" for Windows 10 will enable notification synchronization between mobile and PC. I'm on the public release versions for both PC and mobile, and I've had certain notifications synchronizing for months, but I haven't seen any confirmation that this should be working yet. Can anyone clarify what types of notifications should already be syncing and to what extent this synchronization will be expanded in the "Anniversary Update"?

These are examples of the synchronization I've observed so far.

* Cortana alerts me when it is time to leave for my daily commute to and from work. This location-based alert seems to only go by my phone's location. If I'm still at home when it is time to leave, the notification pops up on both my PC and my phone, but if I've already left the house, neither device pops up this notification.

* When my phone alerts me of a missed call, the notification pops up on both my phone and my PC. Call-related notifications seem to be limited to missed calls as my PC doesn't show when I currently have an incoming phone call, nor does it alert me of new voice mail.

Regarding the missed call alert: The first time I saw it come up on my PC, I thought it had something to do with my MS Band 2. At the time, I had my Band plugged into the USB to charge with the Band Sync app opened, but I've had this alert come up on my PC many times in the past few months when the Band was not connected to the PC.

Again, can anyone clarify the notification's I'm currently seeing sync between PC and mobile compared to what the announcements are describing with the upcoming "Anniversary Update"?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've seen reports for a while that one of the features in the "Anniversary Update" for Windows 10 will enable notification synchronization between mobile and PC. I'm on the public release versions for both PC and mobile, and I've had certain notifications synchronizing for months, but I haven't seen any confirmation that this should be working yet. Can anyone clarify what types of notifications should already be syncing and to what extent this synchronization will be expanded in the "Anniversary Update"?

These are examples of the synchronization I've observed so far.

* Cortana alerts me when it is time to leave for my daily commute to and from work. This location-based alert seems to only go by my phone's location. If I'm still at home when it is time to leave, the notification pops up on both my PC and my phone, but if I've already left the house, neither device pops up this notification.

* When my phone alerts me of a missed call, the notification pops up on both my phone and my PC. Call-related notifications seem to be limited to missed calls as my PC doesn't show when I currently have an incoming phone call, nor does it alert me of new voice mail.

Regarding the missed call alert: The first time I saw it come up on my PC, I thought it had something to do with my MS Band 2. At the time, I had my Band plugged into the USB to charge with the Band Sync app opened, but I've had this alert come up on my PC many times in the past few months when the Band was not connected to the PC.

Again, can anyone clarify the notification's I'm currently seeing sync between PC and mobile compared to what the announcements are describing with the upcoming "Anniversary Update"?

With Redstone builds, a preview of official Anniversary Update (installed both in pc and phone) sync is quite complete.
The most useful feature is the full integration between Messages on phone an pc, (Messages Everywhere) so user can read and answer his sms's by desk or by phone.

Cortana got new notifies about low battery phone and "Where is my phone"
In very last build, she introduced a feature called "Send my photo to my pc" but I couldn't tested it.

More feature are going on, maybe phone callings by desk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria