Continuum Use Case

Steven Curl

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
After using Continuum at home, and really enjoying it for simple tasks and some media streaming and browsing, I think my killer use case, would be in my car. I'd love to be able to plug in my phone to a Continuum dock in my car, and use an integrated monitor in my dash for touch and display. Apps like the UWP Sygic would be great, and the other apps being updated regularly would be cool as well.

Has anyone tested or using a USB touchscreen monitor with their continuum dock yet? This may be a pie in the sky for now, but I think it's a killer feature for my use case, and could help them compete with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Honestly, Microsoft needs a dedicated 'Continuum for cars' type thing. I mean, I'm sure people can rig something together as it exists now, but I just don't see how moving to a desktop-style UI with Continuum is at all going to be helpful for cars. But a dedicated mode that apps could plug into and scale for ease of use while driving, that's a whole other story.

The problem as always would be hardware support no matter what. Preferably, it would use some sort of standard like MirrorLink, which while uncommon itself, has more of a chance of being used than anything Microsoft would roll out themselves on their own.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been blathering about this on threads and comment sections to the point of being obnoxious. lol

I'm convinced that all I need is touchscreen support for Continuum, and a really nice Double Din monitor for mounting as the Head Unit display. Let the audio be carried over the HDMI and then from the monitor to my amps! I'd be happy with a landscape view of the 950XL (mirror) , or the Continuum Desktop UI.

In the future, if Apps came out to leverage even more features for the Automobile use of Continuum, well so be it!

Absolutely excited by the whole concept. An agnostic "unbranded" vehicle voice & touch activated gps\navigation-audio-video-pc experience driven from your W10mobile device.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I love the Idea, I like the idea of just a screen and plugs to amp, don't use cd's anymore, all mp3 so groove music and videos could really be usefull!

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It is durable, since touch screen basically just be as HID profiles mouse, so it might be possible, just have to wait for genies who can finally make that. I wish I could do so, but I don't really remember that much I learned from 10 years ago, and just too little time now.

douggrif

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
One of my use cases would be connecting Continuum into an office network using the USB to Ethernet adapter. I did not have initial success.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
After using Continuum at home, and really enjoying it for simple tasks and some media streaming and browsing, I think my killer use case, would be in my car. I'd love to be able to plug in my phone to a Continuum dock in my car, and use an integrated monitor in my dash for touch and display. Apps like the UWP Sygic would be great, and the other apps being updated regularly would be cool as well.

Has anyone tested or using a USB touchscreen monitor with their continuum dock yet? This may be a pie in the sky for now, but I think it's a killer feature for my use case, and could help them compete with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

You will need a touch screen with USB connector and drivers support on phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon