07-26-2014 03:58 PM
1,060 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Over 24 hours straight and still going. I'll answer a few things and then I may pass out for an hour or so to keep going.

Okay cool!

Device: L925
    Carrier: Vodafone
    OS Version: 8.10.12393.89

Thanks!!
    Will send this up. :D

Hey Talderon! Thanks for all your contributions..

I got a few questions if you are allowed to answer any of them.

First is the syncing between Windows PC, tablets, Xbox One and Phone.

Now that we know its coming to all Microsoft Platform, will there be any syncing between all these platforms? What I have as reminders, interests, places and all other stuff that Cortana as on my phone and cloud; will they also be synced with other Microsoft
    platforms? That would be a great feature. Also, can I ask Cortana to do something on my windows desktop from my phone that way?

Such as I tell Cortana on my phone "Open the document I was last working on my laptop" or when I am not at home and I tell Cortana on my phone "Turn on my Xbox when I return home" or "Turn on my Xbox after 15 minutes".

Second question.

When Cortana comes to other countries in English (such as English India), will there be anyway to just let her speak in its original Jen Taylor's American accent while still gathering what she can from my location or country and also keeping my home region, speech settings, store region and keyboard setup as India?

I really like Jen Taylor's original accent.
    First is the syncing between Windows PC, tablets, Xbox One and Phone.
    Ok, syncing interests will be there since it is all held in your Bing Account. Those advanced voice commands, will take a bit more, but this is the direction I hope to see Cortana grow, and I am not the only one.

I am not sure what we're doing with Cortana in that regard. I'll have to see if I can get any info from the team that handles all that.

After the update I have bugs left right and centre. She keeps saying "I can't connect at the moment" but my WIFI is on and she can pick up what I'm saying. She seems to take longer answering queries than Cortana did at build (I was testing her using Joe's voice and questions from the keynote), and when I scroll down to see Bing results, sometimes there is a huge gap between the top of the list and the first result.

Maybe the update is not fully rolled out?
    I have the same issues at the moment. The update should be still going on..
    I have the same. I think the update is still rolling out and Talderon told us that they seem to have little bit of troubles. You need to imagine that there is not that one single Cortana Server but a big network of servers which all need to be updated.
    That's a first...

Attachment 68850
    Yeah, this is a hot button item, we're working on it. :( I wish they would just put BUGS=OFF in the configuration file.

Got the updated Cortana on my dad's US 920 but not yet on my international 820. The lines between cards and that she responds to "who is x" and "who am I/what's my name?" are the big differences. Not noticing any improvements in her voice for miscellaneous things or any new jokes. No live tile animations.

Still get this annoying bug where text and images are dim:
    Attachment 68851

Are there more ads in Bing searches? I didn't notice them before.
    Ads were there. :)

Will Cortana one day be able to track trains as well as flights? I don't know how things are in America, but in Wales we don't all fly to work. :D
    Yes, we are looking at this for the European markets since train rising isn't all that huge here.
    06-10-2014 10:39 AM
    Great thanks, can you tell something about this though?

Second question.

When Cortana comes to other countries in English (such as English India), will there be anyway to just let her speak in its original Jen Taylor's American accent while still gathering what she can from my location or country and also keeping my home region, speech settings, store region and keyboard setup as India?

I really like Jen Taylor's original accent.
    06-10-2014 10:48 AM
    When will Cortana get short-term memory? For example, if I tell her to tell me a joke and then say "tell me another one" she just does a search, same with responses to her jokes like "that joke was stupid".

I would also like some two-stage riddles/jokes where she asks me a question and if I get it right she will congratulate me, or if I get it wrong she will give me the right answer.

TLDR: Short-term and long-term memory, and the ability to carry a conversation by going back and forth on a topic.
    06-10-2014 10:50 AM
    Over 24 hours straight and still going. I'll answer a few things and then I may pass out for an hour or so to keep going.
    Ha, you must be tired of all our questions. Will try not to think of any for a while. ;)
    jleebiker and engineermoore like this.
    06-10-2014 10:51 AM
    Talderon, how about Cortana's handsfree activation? Can't find a way to do so on my honda's steeringwheel "send" and "talk" buttons. I've heard other BT handsfree devices had no problems dealing with it. Would be nice, cause before Cortana was released, I could get to my phone's songs seamlessly using the steeringwheel buttons. Now, if I once activate music thru Cortana, then I'm able to manage my songs without problems, but only after that one touch on the phone search button. Cortana speaks thru car BT system seamlessly too (Lumia 925 here). Maybe with the return of BT 4.0? My 2 cents. Cheers! Nice job!
    Last edited by WPit; 06-10-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    06-10-2014 12:01 PM
    Still get this annoying bug where text and images are dim:
    Attachment 68851
    I don't have the update but I see this, too, but only when accessing Cortana using the search button. If I open her from the app list, it's fine, no dimming.
    06-10-2014 12:07 PM
    Yeah, this is a hot button item, we're working on it. :( I wish they would just put BUGS=OFF in the configuration file.
    ha funnest thing ever, nice to see after 12 hours a work you can still give a good coding joke, keep up the good work :)
    ven07 likes this.
    06-10-2014 01:11 PM
    ha funnest thing ever, nice to see after 12 hours a work you can still give a good coding joke, keep up the good work :)
    I wish, more like 25 or so hours straight (and yeah, I am awake again). Back to the grind!
    06-10-2014 01:34 PM
    Hi! Since I don't see any changes on my,phone right now, Talderon would it be possible to write the list of changes when you will have a chance. So then we would know what to expect ๐Ÿ˜ thanks in advance!!!
    06-10-2014 02:30 PM
    Hi! Since I don't see any changes on my,phone right now, Talderon would it be possible to write the list of changes when you will have a chance. So then we would know what to expect ๐Ÿ˜ thanks in advance!!!
    He did yesterday, scroll back through the comments. :)
    TruPlaya187 likes this.
    06-10-2014 02:37 PM
    I wish, more like 25 or so hours straight (and yeah, I am awake again). Back to the grind!

Well this was a pleasant change of events!!! Thanks Talderon!! She's working and up and running! Awesome, thanks so much dude :D
    06-10-2014 06:29 PM
    Spoke to soon! This Is so frustrating. After days without being able to use her I finally got a response from her for about 10mins. Now she's back to where she was... Unresponsive :(
    06-10-2014 07:04 PM
    Some of Cortana's line readings for jokes seem to be missing. She's using her robotic TellMe voice for:

"What did the zero say to the eight?"

"The barman says "We don't serve time travelers in here."

"A grasshopper walks into a bar..."

"A Roman walks into a bar..."

"A ham sandwich walks into a bar..."

"A Buddhist monk approaches a hot dog stand..."

"Don't trust the atoms. They make up everything"

"What did the passive aggressive raven say?"
    Last edited by Kram Sacul; 06-11-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    06-11-2014 07:24 AM
    Some of Cortana's line readings for jokes seem to be missing. She's using her robotic TellMe voice for:

"What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt."

"A grasshopper walks into a bar..."

"A Buddhist monk approaches a hot dog stand..."

"Don't trust the atoms. They make up everything"

"A Roman walks into a bar..."
    I've noticed she's become more robotic since yesterday, too - thought I'd imagined it.
    Georgi Ivanov3 likes this.
    06-11-2014 07:27 AM
    Cortana Update has not hit my phone yet.. really looking forward to it.... its like watching a pot boil.. im very impatient..
    06-11-2014 11:09 AM
    She is really robotic since a day.. I don't know what are they doing at MS but I hope it is for good :) They have tons of work on Cortana if they want to personalize her to every single user. Let's hope they give us more freedom when it comes to news sources, interests ranking, suggestions and how she handles stuff. Maybe an Auto and Manual option would be the best :) Just an example on freedom that we don't have currently: I don't want to see the stock price every time, but Cortana keeps telling me about it on the live tile. It might be useless to have any other weather app when u have Cortana to update you. I try to push the weather forecast updates to be #1 in my live tile, but Cortana doesn't care what I want.
    One thing I am missing maybe, and believe that it would be a major advantage for MS is to push a video sharing platform through Cortana. Along with news, weather and other nice updates, it would be great to suggest new videos (in correspondence with what we watch), new songs, suggest movies or something we might not know about and all to our taste as she learns it.. Cortana: "Hey, owner, did you hear the latest song of Justin Bieber? It was just released! Wanna hear it?" Then she might suggest events on stuff you like and listen. "Hey, that singer that u heard last week is in town next month! Do you want to check it out on the website?" - For me that would be the only way she makes difference and be a great, great assistant..
    Cheers :)
    06-11-2014 01:55 PM
    Superb thread! Waiting for Cortana in India.... Please ask for a definite date/month?
    06-11-2014 08:32 PM
    Cortana in India,any time frame ??
    06-11-2014 08:34 PM
    News near me not working as I expected.
    Instead of showing news based on my current location (Indonesia), It shows news from US region
    06-11-2014 09:20 PM
    Any info on getting our PCs to answer calls which we get on our WPs, like were can do with Nokia dumbphones and on iPhone? That would be cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    06-11-2014 09:42 PM
    Wow, I found this thread and it is outstanding...Thanks Talderon...
    I received the updates today, and have all the updates that have been mentioned, however still do not have 'Quiz' feature function at the bottom of Today page...

Carrier: AT&T (US-West Coast)
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920

Thanks so much for your dedicated commitment to this very neat, promising 'personal assistant'...
    Hope you get some rest over the weekend...lol
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-11-2014 10:02 PM
    You can trick that. Add new news interest, be it location, topics, or person name.
    Pin said card to start screen. Et Voila!
    06-12-2014 12:46 AM
    Cortana: "Hey, owner, did you hear the latest song of Justin Bieber? It was just released! Wanna hear it?"
    I never want to hear her say that.
    06-12-2014 02:16 AM
    Hello, I'd like to change my region from Italy to US only to try Cortana. Might I have some problems, like apps that don't work correctly or other things? Have you switched your region only to try Cortana?
    06-12-2014 02:32 AM
    Hello, I'd like to change my region from Italy to US only to try Cortana. Might I have some problems, like apps that don't work correctly or other things? Have you switched your region only to try Cortana?
    I changed mine from uk to us to get cortana the only problems I I cant download apps only in the UK but the ones I already have work fine so occasionally I switch back to uk to check for new apps and updates
    06-12-2014 02:39 AM
1,060 ... 1415161718 ...