Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Any info about cortana for India...after us i think India is the best country to get cortana before china & uk...we gave the support for wp more than any one....😍😍 any hope for us 😭

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So no cortana on xbox tmr? :(
I thought you were testing it .. and Cortana news on E3... so I assumed it's Cortana on Xbox.
Anyway, hope to see this soon.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
HOLA EVERYONE!!!

Man, FINALLY getting a minute or 5 to breathe!!!

This is ONLY for those that are following this thread too!!!

Now, you all know I love to share news, but I don't have much I can say right now, except:

Keep a CLOSE eye on Cortana tomorrow. There are some... "things"... happening and it will make you all HAPPY!!!

EN-GB and ZH-CN - Keep a close eye on this in the coming weeks!! :excited:

So has anything happened yet? I don't think I'm seeing anything different on my end as of now.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Any info about cortana for India...after us i think India is the best country to get cortana before china & uk...we gave the support for wp more than any one....😍😍 any hope for us 😭

India is still being worked on, but it will be sooner than later. No guess on a date yet.

So no cortana on xbox tmr? :(
I thought you were testing it .. and Cortana news on E3... so I assumed it's Cortana on Xbox.
Anyway, hope to see this soon.

No, not ready yet, trust me. :(

So has anything happened yet? I don't think I'm seeing anything different on my end as of now.

It's all back-end stuff and am looking at what has rolled out so far. Will update. :p

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I just want to find out if what I am experiencing is a 8.1 bug or if there's a problem with my phone. Cortana (or voice commands, if I disable Cortana) keeps launching in listening mode randomly, most often when I'm in a text field. I need not touch my phone for it to launch - just tap on a text field and wait. And sometimes, quite often, it launches and asks, how she can help.

This began happening when I hard reset my phone after having another unrelated issue. Since then I tried resetting two more times - both with restoring backup and without it - and the problem always comes back.

So, is this a Cortana issue in 8.1 or is there something wrong with the phone? And I am sure, there's nothing wrong with the magnifying glass button - it started happening directly after a reset.

UPDATE: This seems to be related to keyboards/languages. I've had English US, Russian, Czech, Swedish, German and French enabled in both places (as I'm using them all interchangeably). Just tried deleting everything except for English, soft reset the phone, and Cortana stopped bothering me. I'll try playing around with it and see if that's an issue with a specific language or not.

UPDATE 2: Just checked settings and although I just removed the keyboards and language settings, they are all back. So I have no idea what was causing the issue.

Last edited:

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I just want to find out if what I am experiencing is a 8.1 bug or if there's a problem with my phone. Cortana (or voice commands, if I disable Cortana) keeps launching in listening mode randomly, most often when I'm in a text field. I need not touch my phone for it to launch - just tap on a text field and wait. And sometimes, quite often, it launches and asks, how she can help.

This began happening when I hard reset my phone after having another unrelated issue. Since then I tried resetting two more times - both with restoring backup and without it - and the problem always comes back.

So, is this a Cortana issue in 8.1 or is there something wrong with the phone? And I am sure, there's nothing wrong with the magnifying glass button - it started happening directly after a reset.

UPDATE: This seems to be related to keyboards/languages. I've had English US, Russian, Czech, Swedish, German and French enabled in both places (as I'm using them all interchangeably). Just tried deleting everything except for English, soft reset the phone, and Cortana stopped bothering me. I'll try playing around with it and see if that's an issue with a specific language or not.

UPDATE 2: Just checked settings and although I just removed the keyboards and language settings, they are all back. So I have no idea what was causing the issue.

I had a similar issue with the search button and the back button doing this random dance with my screen. Wasn't able to find anything that really worked, so I did a hard-reset and am still waiting for the endless list of apps to re-install. :p

I will check back if this happens again. Annoying, I know, but will have to just see.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's only me but I saw a big change in the back end answers, find places in Cortana. Before when I asked about the nearest Chinese restaurant, a lot of the time it showed me some web results. More everytime it comes back with a list of restaurants. After I can ask which one takes reservations and it works.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Cool I'm following you.

I'm @ChineseGypsy (Don't worry I'm not a chinese national trying to steal secret, it's just a joke that my tattoo looks like a chinese gypsy, I can send you a picture if you don't believe me)

Say No Talderon! Lord knows whet they will send you.... ;-) LOL!

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I told her to "show me my weather in celsius next time". Then i asked her for the "current weather" and she got it right. unfortunatly she doesnt remeber it if i relaunch her. I dont know if thats new.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I want the "other" changes that were rolled back a couple of weeks ago. Eg. -"Cortana, what's my name?" / feedback button / new animations ...etc. As of right now, I don't notice anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte