So I have "Notify me when its time to go to work or go home" checked. First off, it has never asked me what my start and end times are. So that is probably 1/2 the reason this option never works for me (and yes, I have "work" set in places under Cortona). I'm a bit confused. How does this option work?
    08-05-2014 08:59 PM
    I'm also wondering how that works. I believe over time it learns what time you leave places. I leave the house at 6am and its notified me at the right time...once so far. She also notifies me when to leave for my events when IT'S time to leave...which doesn't help much if I forgot about the event...she should notify me of traffic X amount of minutes before its time to leave.
    08-05-2014 09:13 PM
    Yeah. The problem with my work schedule is it's the same each day, but I have to be at the main building at a specific time, only to head off to another. Sadly, Cortana only seems to learn work schedules if you stay at the one place the majority of the work day.
    08-05-2014 11:34 PM
    Yeah. The problem with my work schedule is it's the same each day, but I have to be at the main building at a specific time, only to head off to another. Sadly, Cortana only seems to learn work schedules if you stay at the one place the majority of the work day.
    I work midnights and I think that is throwing it off also.
    08-06-2014 06:31 AM
    Ummmmm... Still didn't work.
    08-20-2014 07:17 PM
    She will only notify you if you're running late or close to being late, based on traffic conditions and the time you always get to that "work" place.
    08-20-2014 07:21 PM
    She will only notify you if you're running late or close to being late, based on traffic conditions and the time you always get to that "work" place.
    Trust me.... My aass had been late, running late, ask of the above.... Not a word. Tile puked to the home screen. Work sweet in favorites. Traffic update and come turned on. Nada.
    08-20-2014 09:15 PM
    Your saved places, is that under Bing or Here maps?
    08-20-2014 10:13 PM
    Your saved places, is that under Bing or Here maps?
    It doesn't use your "work" location designated in Cortona's settings under places? If not, that's ridiculous. So where does it get your work info from?
    08-21-2014 08:20 AM
    It doesn't use your "work" location designated in Cortona's settings under places? If not, that's ridiculous. So where does it get your work info from?

From calendar, places, interests, reminders, gps and so on. Also, use "my commute" on HERE+. And give complete address (better repeat if on more then one app), city name etc. It works.
    08-21-2014 09:14 AM
    Then I don't know what to say. Those locations under Cortana is from Bing Maps. As long as there there, she should work. Maybe a backend update is needed.
    08-21-2014 02:04 PM
    I've got work set in Here Maps and Cortona places.
    08-22-2014 09:38 AM
    I've got work set in Here Maps and Cortona places.
    Here maps isnt part of Cortana. Meaning, Cortana doesn't use any info from any Here services.
    08-22-2014 04:08 PM
    Then I don't know what to say. Those locations under Cortana is from Bing Maps. As long as there there, she should work. Maybe a backend update is needed.
    It detects where you are for the majority of the week and sets it at work. It then shows up on the main dashboard till about 9-10ish if you dismiss the notification. And it reappears at the times you leave. It works. I've done it
    08-22-2014 04:12 PM
    It detects where you are for the majority of the week and sets it at work. It then shows up on the main dashboard till about 9-10ish if you dismiss the notification. And it reappears at the times you leave. It works. I've done it
    I work midnights...this may be the problem, and would be a big oversight.
    08-22-2014 05:18 PM
    Has nothing to do with your scheduled time...I leave for work at 4:30 AM and Cortana reminds me every weekday that it's time to leave. I've been leaving at the end of the day at different times (ranging over a couple hours) so she's been a little off this week, but she usually tells me when it's time to leave as well. In addition, the live tile will sometimes tell me how long it takes to get home when I'm just out and about town.
    08-22-2014 05:26 PM
    it works fine for me... just make shure to make appointments in calendar and add locations.
    08-22-2014 05:58 PM

Did you respond to the right person?
    08-23-2014 06:22 PM
    I was just about to ask the same question as I've had Cortana for 3 weeks and I she hasn't asked me where I live and work but I just opened her up she just asked so hopefully it starts working now.
    08-23-2014 06:54 PM
    being a truck driver Can-Usa she never pick it up and never will cause I am at too many different places...Now being home for 1.5 weeks she asked me if my home address was my work..off course I say no and I have no way of telling her that is my home even tho my address is in her note book (places) and set as home.
    08-23-2014 07:49 PM
    Cortona has a long way to go. I can ask Cortona for directions home a thousand times and all is fine. Then for three days , asking the same thing just gives me a Bing search for home. After a few days of that, back to normal.
    Last edited by missionsparta; 08-24-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    08-24-2014 02:12 PM