Why was my email from Cortana Help (Windows Help) in Spanish?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My computer ran the Windows 10 update. After the update I noticed the windows games such as minesweeper and solitare were no longer installed. I used the Cortana section to research this. In the process, they asked me to change my password for my windows account. The email i received with the password code was all in spanish, but I am not hispanic nor do i read or understand spanish. After I used the code provided in this email and downloaded the games, my computer ran a windows update and now the name of my login for the computer has changed to a spanish name, which it wasn't before and it is directly associated with my gmail account which was not the case before all this. Has my computer been hacked or is this just a glitch with the Windows 10 update and Cortana Help services? Please advise ASAP. I am extremely worried.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My computer ran the Windows 10 update. After the update I noticed the windows games such as minesweeper and solitare were no longer installed. I used the Cortana section to research this. In the process, they asked me to change my password for my windows account. The email i received with the password code was all in spanish, but I am not hispanic nor do i read or understand spanish. After I used the code provided in this email and downloaded the games, my computer ran a windows update and now the name of my login for the computer has changed to a spanish name, which it wasn't before and it is directly associated with my gmail account which was not the case before all this. Has my computer been hacked or is this just a glitch with the Windows 10 update and Cortana Help services? Please advise ASAP. I am extremely worried.

are you in a region with Spanish being spoken?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital