Cortana where are you?

Deniz Kahraman

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys,

Lumia 930 bought from Germany with windows 10 here.

I was using my mobile with my own language which is not supported by Cortana app. Thats ok, I could live with that.

After the arrival of Anniversary Update to pc, I just wanted to use Cortana on my mobile suddenly, well why not?

So I changed region and language settings to USA. Mobile is completely in English now, even removed all other languages installed. I restarted the phone, behaved like it was an update and took 10 minutes to restart with some installation. Aaannd there is no cortana app. I tried to remove English usa and load another language and go back, did not work.

Any solution for this? Will I be able to use cortana ?

Thanks.

Deniz Kahraman

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
hard reset is too far. cortana does not worth another hard reset and still not sure if it is going to work or not..

any other solutions maybe?

Deniz Kahraman

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello palmujukka, yes I did.funny thing is you can only add a speech language not remove it, anyways US English is the default one right now.

I did soft reset too. Many times actually but no avail. I have also changed my region settings of microsoft account, again did not work.

jakepeewee

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I got the same problem. I wanted cortana on my 950XL and changed the region and language to US, but no cortana to be found in the app store. Tried UK settings, but also no sigar.

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I got the same problem. I wanted cortana on my 950XL and changed the region and language to US, but no cortana to be found in the app store. Tried UK settings, but also no sigar.

You don't need to download Cortana from the Store. If it's supported by your language/region settings. Cortana will just appear and will replace the search app.

I'm wondering if the Anniversary Update will take Cortana to other countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital