First post on here so apologies if I don't follow the norms...

After some research in to the Windows 10 Cortana assistant, it seemed apparent that the two main databases to store user data associated with the application are:

• \Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_xxxx\AppData\Indexed DB\IndexedDB.edb
    • \Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_xxxx\LocalState\ESEDatabase_CortanaCoreInstance\CortanaCoreDb.dat
    I have no issues accessing the' \...\IndexedDB\IndexedDB.edb' database, however cannot access the '\ESEDatabase_CortanaCoreInstance\CortanaCoreDb.dat' file. I can get as far as the '\LocalState\' directory however the '\'ESEDatabase_CortanaCoreInstance\' directory does not exist. I have tried viewing hidden and system files, and also mounted the disk to a hex editor however the directory is still not present.
    In addition, I have tried searching the full file system for the 'CortanaCoreDB.dat' file however no search results which match are returned.

I am running Windows 10 Home Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693). I also installed the same build using a .iso file downloaded from Microsoft website which were installed on two virtual machines. I am having the same 'issue' on my host machine and two virtual machines. It is worth noting I have experienced no issues with the Cortana Assistant itself.

Is this database/directory not available on my build of Windows, or has the location of the data changed?

Cortana - ForensicsWiki
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/windo...ics-brent-muir
    https://www.syntricate.com/files/com...ACT%20LIST.pdf

Thanks for any help.
    Ryan
    02-08-2017 11:24 AM