"Play To" loses connection after like 15 mins, Miracast not working?

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why, but I am using "Play To" in order to stream a movie to my smartTV, and it loses the connection after 15 mins or so. Not sure if the tablet is going into Standby when playing. Its super annoying. Not only that, but the stupid Xbox Video app doesn't remember where I left off when I go to play again, and I have to find my last point in the movie. Pretty horrible experience actually. Anyone have any suggestions how to get this working better? Also, I know I could use Desktop VLC for video, will that "play to"?

I cannot seem to get Miracast to work, I have the Netgear PTV3000, and I think I updated all of my drivers, and the firmware, but I can never tell if the driver installs or not. The admin window pops up, asks me if I want to allow, I allow, and then nothing happens. I go to connect, and it auto-rotates the screen to portrait, and my TV is black, it then tells me it cannot connect. Anyone else having this issue?

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Its worth it to check a setting in the power management area in control panel.. I forget exactly what its called but it lets you prevent the computer from going into sleep mode when sharing media. Play around in the power management area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard