Poor battery life when in sleep mode and miracast not working

last_attempt

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello, just wondering if I should try a clean install of win 10 anniversary to clear up the mentioned problems. I have tried all the usual other things like different settings in configuration, update all drivers and bios, delete and reload drivers etc...

Nothing seems to help the last two lingering problems.
This is the tablet that came with Windows 8.1 originally as well.

Thanks

Last edited:

last_attempt

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
re:

Well, I ran out of patience and went ahead and did a clean install and the results are in...

+ miracast works again!
+ whole os (with out extra apps) is just over 7 gig
- battery life in sleep still not great but manageable, I keep it plugged into an old small BlackBerry wall plug to keep it topped up.

I'm quite enjoying the latest windows on a pretty modest piece of hardware!

last_attempt

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
re:

Just in case anyone in the future has similar problems I'll add this final addition.

As it turned out one of my drivers was out of date but asking windows in device manager to check wasn't catching it.
I went to the Dell website and ran the system update (find it for me) option at it found a Intel atom driver that wasn't the latest. I have a feeling this may have been the issue all along?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
re:

Just in case anyone in the future has similar problems I'll add this final addition.

As it turned out one of my drivers was out of date but asking windows in device manager to check wasn't catching it.
I went to the Dell website and ran the system update (find it for me) option at it found a Intel atom driver that wasn't the latest. I have a feeling this may have been the issue all along?

Yuppzzz for some reason drivers aren't updated optimally so it's down to the user to go to the manufacturers website and download the latest or a previous working version.

last_attempt

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
re:

Yes, in the future I suggest first double checking at the manufactures sight for updates then reload the o/s if necessary.

Pretty straight forward logic looking at it now, but you know how you can get going in the wrong direction sometimes...

:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon