Dell XPS 12 Trackpad not working after Windows 8.1 update

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I installed Windows 8.1 over the nighta, and I'm generally happy with it, with one small exception:

On my Dell XPS 12, the trackpad does not have a right mouse button function. It also doesn't have any multitouch gestures typical for Windows 8.

I've been in touch with Dell support over twitter. They advised me to reinstall the driver from the Dell support page, which I did to no avail.

Next solution is to do a clean install of Windows, which is something I would prefer not to do if possible, simply because it will take forever to get thinngs set up etc. (for example, running Office 2010, do I need to uninstall and reinstall again?? - just nerve-racking the whole idea).

They said it looks like a registry problem. I asked if there is any other solution than a clean install, and they just suggested to call my local Support Centre (Germany), which I plan on doing later, but I thought I'd ask if anyone here has had any issues like this yet with their upgrade experiences.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
If you go into desktop mode and look in the notification area, do you have an icon for your trackpad? Also does it show up in device manager in the control panel? Perhaps there is a setting somewhere there you can play around with? Also, do you know what trackpad is it? In my case I think I have a Synaptics trackpad

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Had the same Problem.
I just reinstalled the Driver Package from Dell
Treiberdetails | Dell Deutschland

Touchpad_Cypress_W84_X18_A06_Setup-0VV1J_ZPE.exe

I have the Cypress Trackpad.
Hope it works for you too

Thanks, will try that. It's always given me the driver for a Synaptics trackpad. Will let you know how it goes....

UPDATE: Thanks it worked. Unfortunately, I had been downloading the wrong driver.

Last edited:

Molten Ice

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just made an account to say that this worked for me! Re-install the cypress driver again from the Dell XPS 12 driver download page basically. Thanks a lot for the response!

Balasubramani M

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
First of all thank you for you response. But even after reinstalling cypress trackpad drivers, its not working for me. What should I do now? Should I call Dell service support ??

intranetsites78

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I just installed windows 8.1 on my sony tap 21 tablet and lost my gestures. ... The driver for pen and touch isgone hours of tech support informs me i have restore back to windows 8.
2 other friends with the same problem with toshiba and sony vaio smaller tablet . Everyone is saying 8.1 doesnot support gestures

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa