SMS lag on epix/redfly combo

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
I've noticed that there is a severe lag when I type SMS messages while my epix is connected via bluetooth. There's a lag on USB too but it isn't as bad. This is the only place I have a serious typing lag. I am running the newest firmware/software update...any thoughts on what settings could cause this?

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
it's the phones SMS software. MY q9c does the same thing..there is a data entry limit. I can type on the keyboard, unconnected to redfly, faster than it will show on screen. Its really annoying. Some of the faster phones and Treo's dont have this problem from what ive heard. ITs annoying i agree.

laurieny

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
We're sorry, this really annoys us as well. The speed of SMS data entry and the washed-out soft key toolbar issue are the top items in our list of things we really wish we could solve. Unfortunately both these items are the result of implementation choices by the providers that we have not yet come up with ways to mitigate.

Hope (and our innovative development team!) springs eternal however. We continually come back and brainstorm new ways to try to address the things that prevent the REDFLY experience from attaining the level of perfection we seek. We appreciate the patience of our enthusiastic supporters while we continue to improve our products.

-Laurie

Director of Engineering
Celio Corp | REDFLY

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the information! Now that I know that I don't mind it so much, I can live with that. I really love my redfly overall!

Oh, and the toolbar didn't wash out when I was running wisbar advanced 3, if that helps...I think wisbar offered a separate skin for the toolbar. Of course, wisbar caused some other issues so I'm not using it right now, but I thought I'd share in case it helped.

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
Just wanted to add...I installed flexmail and made it my default SMS client, and the lag is totally gone. Not sure if that helps the redfly engineers at all, but thought it was worth mentioning for anyone who has the extra money and needs the features...there's an added bonus of faster SMS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes