Beta Testing - Google Voice VoIP Client for WP8

ingsoc413

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Call quality continues to be good. I like the app. I was unable to get a call off at a Massachusetts university. It may be their network is the problem. I'm making calls on dsl and they are good without complaints.

sg1234

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought the app. Basic calling seems to work correctly. Would love the option to see/dial from Google Voice address book. Any timeline on when you are looking to enable incoming calls? Thanks!

wptouchdev

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought the app. Basic calling seems to work correctly. Would love the option to see/dial from Google Voice address book. Any timeline on when you are looking to enable incoming calls? Thanks!

I'll look into integrating the contacts for the Google account into the app. I'm currently testing incoming calls and just fine tuning a few things(push notifications, etc) so I hope to release an update to the beta in ~1 week. Thanks!

sg1234

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Dialing a number after the call is connected - eg: chosing a menu option for deleting a voicemail message - does not seem to work. Any numbers dialed after the initial call is connected is not recognized. Could you please tell me if this is a feature you are planning to add?

wptouchdev

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Dialing a number after the call is connected - eg: chosing a menu option for deleting a voicemail message - does not seem to work. Any numbers dialed after the initial call is connected is not recognized. Could you please tell me if this is a feature you are planning to add?
The app does currently support DTMF so I'll try to recreate this and see if I can adjust it to be more compatible. Are you dialing into the Google Voice voicemail system or another number? Any chance you have a test number that you could share so I can test it?

Thanks!

sg1234

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The app does currently support DTMF so I'll try to recreate this and see if I can adjust it to be more compatible. Are you dialing into the Google Voice voicemail system or another number? Any chance you have a test number that you could share so I can test it?

Thanks!

Tried both my voicemail number (not google) and a conference number. Just sent you a test number via PM.

Geniaby

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for providing the beta. I got it and I would like to note a couple of things so far.
1) Im having problems entering phone extensions or selecting options when calling company numbers
2) The sound quality is sort of jingly. I tried the wi-fi at work - will try later at home - maybe it will make a difference.
Also wondering when the option of incoming calls will be enabled

Geniaby

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Also after further testing the beta, there are few things as well:
1) Im breaking up for the person on the other side. However I hear him very well
2) The person on the other side can hear himself talking (echo)
3) Delays. After like 10 minutes on the phone there is a significant delay in hearing each other on both sides. Like the person said something and I will hear it 1 minute later and vice versa

Nymbus

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This app is very bare bones. Hope you continue to work on it.

I noticed a bug where if I get another call the current call hangs up.

remyjette

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd be happy to beta-test! I've beta tested a number of things including many Xbox 360 games, every Xbox 360 dashboard update, every Windows release since XP, etc etc. I'd be more than happy to go on a bug hunt =D

PM sent

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb