Beta Testing - Google Voice VoIP Client for WP8

Maggie Chang

May 7, 2013
Visit site
As I tested more, I see the same issues reported by others that voice breaks up and echos. It was under 4G network so internet speed should not be the cause. Also it will be great if it can display recent dialed numbers (with names will be even better)

ithinkurdumb

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Bought this app two weeks ago, and it doesn't work with Google App accounts. Outbound calls will ring three times and drop. Is anyone having the same issue?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I installed the updated app yesterday, and then tested it. I was able to place a call without issue, but incoming did not work. I verified that Incoming calls was turned on in Settings. My phone is a Lumia 520 using Net10 AT&T network.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Sent my info, I have been wanting a good GV app for awhile now. Its the only google service I still use alot.

Speaking of google voice, does anyone know of another company that offers a similar service? I mainly use GV to have one number to give out and have it ring phones bases on rules I set.

ooom

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
@ tgp
i don't see anything related to incoming call in setting!!? and what update have you received? could you please guide me on that.

thanks in advance.

fbloise

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
willing to buy this app however I want to know people's opinion:

1) call quality
2) is incoming calls available now? (that would be the whole point as I live in the UK and need to get my incoming calls from my GV US number)

I'm using a workaround:

Octrotalk VoIP and use manual VoIP settings using GV + Simonics (this service basically turns your GV data into SIP compatible settings) but quality is awful, I presume is because of Octrotalk.

Any suggestions or advises are welcome.

ooom

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
i am using this app on nokia lumia 521 on wifi and call quality is really good.
right now, only outgoing call feature is available but developer is working on incoming calls. its in beta testing and thats also works great.
i searched a lot before i bought this app and found non other has VoIP call capability ( not using your cell mins )
i hope this helps.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
@ tgp
i don't see anything related to incoming call in setting!!? and what update have you received? could you please guide me on that.

thanks in advance.

I am a beta tester so I have the incoming call option available.

ithinkurdumb

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The two recent updates have improved this app a lot. Google App accounts work, and incoming calls work as well. I can finally put my Nexus One to rest =)

walkmeister

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a Nokia 822 phone, and would like to try out your Google Voice app.

Let me know what else you need from me.

Sincerely,

Bobby Walker

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is it too late to try this? PM me looking to buy lumia 925 over a nexus 5 but need google voice voip for my 30/month tmobile plan for voip

paynito1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
hello wp 8.(x) community
what are we going to do when spare phone disappears May 15?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...ng-down-all-3rd-party-voice-apps-in-may-2014/

That's less than a month?!
Will they offer some kind of cheaper skype unlimited plan?
Is there a project working on bringing google hangouts to WP?
What about that hot new VOIP through the browser thing?
spare phone you were awesome and we're really going to miss you.
and we'll probably get an android we're going to miss you so much.
M$ can you just roll your own grand central and give us free US calling?
sounds like the same kind of conflict of interest that shot Sony in the foot doesn't it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria