New WP music player: calling for beta testers

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey Windows Phone gang.

Yes, that's right. In 2018, when WP and W10M are basically dead, I am publishing The Music Player Windows Phone Deserved, after Microsoft failed to use the Metro (Modern) design language's potential to give us a decent music player.
Any decent music player on the Store is either not that decent or not free.

Beta now available from www.rhythmapp.audio.

I've been working on this project for 2 years now. I've dedicated a lot of time to get things right, and to finally address what I didn't like about other music players both on Windows Phone and Android/iOS.

139220d1526851858-139212d1526850656t-1.png

139222d1526851887-139214d1526850706t-3.png

139223d1526851901-139215d1526850725t-4.png

139226d1526851930-139218d1526850772t-7.png

(I've blurred the name of the app, want that to be a surprise)

This app bleeds Windows Phone. Meaning I was very faithful to the original Windows Phone design, while taking it one step further. The truly revolutionary part of all this is the navigation: simplified, but more powerful. You get to search even within categories: you can type "Friday" and the app shows you the dates including Friday, when you added songs to the phone.

Fair warning: the design language is Metro (Modern), as I believe that language was a proper and complete design language and what I was passionate about. I disagreed with where W10M was headed from the get go and shouted a lot in WPCentral and WindowsCentral about this issue!

What I'm looking for are beta testers now. People who have an eye for design, and who are passionate about listening to music on their phone.

Please message me directly, and include your Microsoft account ID (the one you are using on your phone) since I need to specify beta testers in the Store who get to have access to the beta release, before the app is published to the public.
There is still some feature implementations remaining but I expect the beta to be available by mid June.

Last edited:

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Does it run on WM8.1?

Does it let you select and play albums organised by one subfolder per album regardless of the presence or accuracy of metadata?

Does it have an option to automatically turn off call / message notifications that interrupt playback?

Does it have an automatic rewind on Pause (eg 5 seconds) to help preserve listening context if interrupted?

All essentials for the perfect music player in my eyes.

(although I use a Rockbox'd dedicated music player as my main player and use my phone only for occasional, casual music listening)

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Does it run on WM8.1?

Does it let you select and play albums organised by one subfolder per album regardless of the presence or accuracy of metadata?

Does it have an option to automatically turn off call / message notifications that interrupt playback?

Does it have an automatic rewind on Pause (eg 5 seconds) to help preserve listening context if interrupted?

All essentials for the perfect music player in my eyes.

(although I use a Rockbox'd dedicated music player as my main player and use my phone only for occasional, casual music listening)

1) Specially designed for WP 8.1.
2) Can play any folder regardless of metadata, but didn't understand the album subfolder part.
3) That's OS level and no developer can do that on WP or WM. Message interruption can be turned off both on WP and WM, but call interruption will pause the music no matter what.
4) That can be added. Subtle but interesting feature.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3