Unlocked phone locked after reset

ivanhorv

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a new dev account on appamarket.com which I got through a voucher. So first thing I did was to unlock my Lumia so to be able to deploy apps on it. It worked for a day, and then I got problems such as 'connect your device to Zune' although it was already connected. After a number of unsuccessful tries to get it to work, I decided to hard reset my phone (I know, I'm an idiot). Now I have a locked phone again which I want to unlock. Again.

I sent an email over to the people in appamarket.com with hopes that they will unlock my phone for free this time, because of the circumstances. I'm still waiting for their response, a few days now..

So do you think they'll be able to 'reunlock' my phone or will I need to unlock it as a second device?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried to unlock it it should work fine. You can have up to 3 phones unlocked at any time. You can also remove phones from your unlocked list in the app hub website. Its in your profile under devices. If you unlock the same phone twice it should know from the MEI.

I'm not sure what you mean by "used a voucher" if you are a developer I would thank that the same rules apply as someone who paid the $99.

ivanhorv

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for answering quickly, Dave.

Since App Hub isn't yet available in my country (Croatia), I had to go through appamarket.com. They allow developers who are outside the current Marketplace territories to publish their own apps.

How they unlock developers' devices?
In Windows Phone Registration Tool they use their username and password, not the developers'. The whole process goes over Teamviewer. Each phone unlock costs ?25.

I got a voucher directly from Microsoft Croatia, which includes free registration to appamarket.com (normally costs ?65) and ?36 to spend on submitting apps and unlocking devices. Out of ?36 I spent ?25 on unlocking my phone the first time. Now if I want to unlock another phone it will cost another ?25, but since it's the same phone I was wondering if I could get it unlocked again, but this time for free.

I just hope they'll do it for free since it's the same phone, therefore it's the same IMEI.

ivanhorv

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I got an answer from the appamarket crew and they were willing to reunlock my phone :)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3