Great news for existing Developers (regarding 19$ deal)

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Joe Belfiore tweeted this out.

https://twitter.com/joebelfiore/status/350342740321644544

So I guess developers can renew their license until Aug 27. Wow, this saves everyone 80 bucks. Every dev out there Thank him/Microsoft :D.

And another good news is the number of Devs that are showing interest regarding the 19$ deal, I convinced 4 who were just on the brink. All I say to those in doubt is to go for it, Windows Phone is growing and growing fast which can only be good.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that is good news. I'm still trying to figure out how to actually initiate the renewal now. When you click on the "Join Now", it takes you to your account page showing me that my account expires around the end of the year. Since I'm not within a month of expiring, it doesn't give me an option to renew. Has anyone else found a way to initiate the renewal when you have more than a couple months left on your account?

Many thanks.

Juro

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd be interested to know how this works for everyone. I used a code (from my MSDN) to upgrade my registration (due in August/September timeframe), and it renewed it from the date I put in the code in May or whatever. Shouldn't it be a year from the expiration, not the date of renewal? Ridiculous.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Why do we need renew? For Google I've paid $25 forever, for Nokia I've paid $1(euro) so why must I pay $99 to MS for only one year re-registration(I've got mine free from Nokia)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3