GDR3 battery life compared to GDR2: Better or worse?

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My battery life continues to be much improved, and has been performing as such since GDR2+Amber. GDR3 has either improved it performance slightly or not affected the positive changes introduced by GDR2+Amber.

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Quin 2013

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I pray this is the problem with my phone as my battery drainage on my L925 is pretty horrible at the moment. Has been for a few weeks before GDR3, but I've just seen i had about 5 webpages open. Closed now so will assess over the next day or so and let everyone know my findings. Tried everything else so this is my last hope.. :unhappysweat:

IDK, I usually leave tabs open in the background and never had an issue with the battery draining until gdr2. But, now I'm not sure what it could be because even though I've closed all apps running in the background and closed all tabs, my battery seems to get worse.

I wonder if it could be glance or maybe glance background?

That's the only that may be? I can't tell, maybe it'll be better with gdr3.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did a reset on my phone twice and I dont see any improvements.
If somone can recommend how can I reflash my phone using Nokia Utility considering the fact that I installed GDR 3 and Amber Update.
I have a Lumia 920 Black Color from ATT
Any other suggestions are welcomed

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Battery life seems to have improved. I'm noticing some apps not draining battery as quickly, consumption rate appears about the same using system apps (email, etc.). The battery has also cooled down substantially while playing games and music.

hesk

Jun 14, 2008
Visit site
Battery has become much worse on my 920. Wasnt great before (max 15hours), but now it at least drains 10-15% per hour even if I dont use it.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably just being paranoid, but even though this app looks useful, I can't bring myself to use a battery app that needs owner identity.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
While speed has improved a lot, I do have to say battery life has gone down for me. I used to average 24~32 hours of average usuage, but now I seem to be regularly running at 16~20 hours between a charge. Still decent, but nowhere near as good as it used to be. I'm not complaining though, the extra features in GDR3 (especially being able to kill apps through multi tasking) is more than worth it.

pohlipit

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I experience a significant improvement of battery life on my 925.

Off the charger: 5.30am
Battery life at 8pm:
  • GDR2: 30%
  • GDR3: 50%
My usage hasn't changed at all and it's been several days like that.

oranje

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The last few days the battery life on my 920 (uk unlocked variant) has gone pretty bad. No apps running in the background and just did quite a lot of updates of apps in the past days.. Was basically the same as GDR2 in the first few weeks but now it's going down by 15-20% per hour... Anyone experienced such a sudden change recently?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS