Any developers out there? What is your opinion on 1520 as an upgrade or companion w/ 920?

greenace92

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I am currently working on a script with touch develop but I would like to work on actually programming with .NET or something like that.
I am interested in the quad core and 1920 resolution. I'm just wondering if it is actually worth it. How is the camera?

In regards to the quad core, is this increase in performance actually noticeable? It doesn't seem like you can just pull up a system manager like you can on a computer to see how the processor(s) is performing and how much of it is currently being used.

I wonder if there will be video editing and other software normally only available for PC. How is the color? It seems cruddy that you can't switch the colors on a whim, like electrostatic glass, that would be interesting, your phone's "Skin" could change color to any design, patterns, flowers, solid colors etc...

What is your overall opinion on this phone as a power user?

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't think if windows phone has capabilities for video editing software like ios and Android operating system. Let's us see windows phone OS team engineers vs Android operating system engineers vs apple ios engineers.

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I am currently working on a script with touch develop but I would like to work on actually programming with .NET or something like that.
I am interested in the quad core and 1920 resolution. I'm just wondering if it is actually worth it. How is the camera?

In regards to the quad core, is this increase in performance actually noticeable? It doesn't seem like you can just pull up a system manager like you can on a computer to see how the processor(s) is performing and how much of it is currently being used.

I wonder if there will be video editing and other software normally only available for PC. How is the color? It seems cruddy that you can't switch the colors on a whim, like electrostatic glass, that would be interesting, your phone's "Skin" could change color to any design, patterns, flowers, solid colors etc...

What is your overall opinion on this phone as a power user?
The increase in cores is only as good as the software programmed for it. If a program isn't written to take advantage of multiple cores (with multi-threading), then the extra processor cores are useless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro