Hi! I have basic knowledge on C/Java programming and developing beginner level Android apps using Eclipse. I want to develop some apps for Windows 8/8.1 or even W10. I am confused about where to start from, should I learn C# or .NET at first? Please elaborate in detail. Thank you!
    02-20-2016 12:16 AM
    This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...

As per this advice: Who Should Post in Ask a Question? WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

Good Luck. This is where the Devs hang out. I'm sure you'll get solid advice.
    Anix90s likes this.
    02-20-2016 12:31 AM
    Originally posted by Anik Sau
    Hi! I have basic knowledge on C/Java programming and developing beginner level Android apps using Eclipse. I want to develop some apps for Windows 8/8.1 or even W10. I am confused about where to start from, should I learn C# or .NET at first? Please elaborate in detail. Thank you!
    Hi there, welcome to the forums! C# is just one of the languages included in the .NET framework, so learning C# you are also learning about .NET in general.

In terms of app development you will also need to learn about XAML which is the technology used to build the UI of your app. The best place to go for free learning would be the Microsoft Virtual Academy, look for any Windows 10 app development courses and then get stuck in.

So in short, you will want to learn about C# and XAML.

Good luck!
    Anix90s likes this.
    02-20-2016 09:31 AM

In terms of app development you will also need to learn about XAML which is the technology used to build the UI of your app. The best place to go for free learning would be the Microsoft Virtual Academy, look for any Windows 10 app development courses and then get stuck in.

Good luck!
    I got it. Can you tell me what is the best SDK for developing Windows apps?
    02-20-2016 10:43 AM
    Originally posted by Anik Sau

Good luck!
    I got it. Can you tell me what is the best SDK for developing Windows apps?
    You'll just want to download Visual Studio 2015 Community edition and during installation make sure you select to install the Windows Universal tools, that will set up everything you need including emulators and SDKs to create apps for Windows store.
    Anix90s likes this.
    02-20-2016 11:53 AM
    Originally posted by mbrdev
    You'll just want to download Visual Studio 2015 Community edition and during installation make sure you select to install the Windows Universal tools, that will set up everything you need including emulators and SDKs to create apps for Windows store.
    Thanks a lot! :-)
    02-20-2016 12:08 PM