Edge just won't work properly, always not responding. What can I do?

Alyeldiin

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Edge just won't work properly, always not responding

Hello, ever since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge just won't work properly.

Just as I open it it takes some extra seconds more than any other browser on the same device, I type Facebook.com it takes like 45 seconds to load, during which the tabs show "not responding" a several times, if I click a new tab the whole thing hangs for a second or two showing me a blank page and also not responding. during surfing almost any site it usually goes unresponsive every 10-15 seconds.

I've reported this to almost everyone I could report it to, posted it on the Microsoft Community, contacted one-on-one support, reset my PC and even tweeted to Gabe Aul [said he'll make sure the Edge team knows about this, that was 5 months ago]. I also reset the browser and my entire PC, now many of my stuff are gone and the bug remains.

This is just a desperate attempt, hoping anyone might have a new idea. I'm already using Chrome, but I don't want to and I feel like I'm missing out.

Last edited:

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Edge just won't work properly, always not responding

I'm in same corner bro, almost every PC I have in windows 10 having similar issue with EDGE. It's slow, hangs for a while from time to time. Even stop responding for a moment when you do large input like I'm replying now. Not only edge sucks MSFT seems taken down IE11 as well.....it's really awful feeling to use it.

aussie-ken

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problems every time I updated windows 10 before, never figure out what the problem was. Then I tried clearing the browser cache by following the advice at Microsoft community, the not responding problem is fixed! You may want to try other steps in the advice too. all the best.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I am still experiencing this constantly since the anniversary update. Tried clearing the cache and does not work. I use a tablet and seems to be affecting many users with tablets...I don't understand why Microsoft hasn't yet release an update to fix this... :(

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Ditto. Like you, I cannot understand why this has not been remedied. FWIW, I see this problem on my Surface 3 and desktop with an i7 and 12GB of RAM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077