Yesterday 06:08 AM
154 ... 4567
tools
    I used Edge for a long time and I had always preferred it over Chrome but I must say it is very lacking. It was a good start but it's just like a lot of what MS is doing lately. They have a great start and ideas but just don't follow through on things in a timely manner. After I downloaded Vivaldi browser the other day I just shook my head at using Edge again. This is a browser done right and while there are some major things missing, like syncing profiles, it's amazing innovative and a breath of fresh air... and it uses all chrome extensions. Again, I really like MS products but there are just some major glaring holes and a third rate browser from a software giant is ridiculous.
    07-16-2017 11:17 AM
    P.S. insider build 16241 Search with My Browser and Edge Deflector stopped work...
    07-16-2017 08:10 PM
    Edge is actually getting worse instead of better. I have no idea what the Edge team is even doing when the end result is a product that is almost unusable.

I wonder when they will need to do a rebranding again, they've already ruined the "Edge" name.

You can't keep doing this, Microsoft.
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-23-2017 10:47 PM
    I just switched back to Chrome. The last months I gave Edge a chance, but performance is not always good. I am tired of that and I want some stability for a while. I love Microsoft software, but Chrome is the better browser for the moment..
    07-26-2017 01:49 PM
    It's not perfect, and needs improvement, but it's my daily driver. As with others, will use Chrome or Firefox where necessary, but it isn't that often.
    SeanD_Colorado likes this.
    07-27-2017 01:45 AM
    Yes, I'm very happy with it. I use it as my default browser both at work and at home. And I also use Bing as default search engine.
    At work I also use the Development tools from Edge.
    I have no complaints.
    Yiannis_P likes this.
    07-27-2017 06:49 AM
    Since I moved back to Chrome my Surface Book has become much more efficient and faster. No hangs. no problems when resuming from sleep. Edge is not performing well when many tabs are open. I really hope that Microsoft improves it further and makes it the better browser..
    07-30-2017 12:43 PM
    Although edge is snappy and fast but load pages a little slower than chrome.
    08-02-2017 07:39 AM
    The Edge scrollbar is ridiculously thin.

It varies with updates and versions, but at this time, Edge freezes more frequently than Chrome when I use the Pen on the scrollbar to scroll.
    08-08-2017 07:40 AM
    Edge is my preferred browser. It's reliable now and at last I feel safe to uninstall chrome which always was a backup option. Though I agree with people having syncing issues between desktop and mobile version. I'm sure this is the next thing they're going to fix.
    08-10-2017 06:42 PM
    I don't think edge supports ad-blocker. Whenever I am surfing, websites shows pop-up messages and new tab opens every time. I'm using Opera now.
    08-11-2017 02:33 AM
    Just install one of the available ad blockers and you are good to go.
    08-12-2017 05:21 PM
    Still have issues with Edge. I have run into sites that just don't work correctly especially with drop down login menus. Also it is hit and miss with my Synology NAS interface. It is gradually improving. My alternate when something doesn't work in edge is Firefox.
    08-12-2017 05:32 PM
    Edge is now my favorite browser. Admittedly, most likely because of the Microsoft rewards points I can earn from searching through Bing and using the browser. That aside, Edge mostly works fine for me. Seems to run a bit slow on my Transformer Book, but that's most likely because it's an old device. I use it at work as my main browser and aside from the occasional need to recover the page because of an error it does its job. I don't sync favorites or any of that, however.
    09-12-2017 12:25 PM
    I want to like Edge, I do, I use it frequently trying to force myself. However, on the Insider Rings it is more trouble than it is worth a lot from what I have experienced. Random crashes, the funny context menu bug that continues (albeit not as bad as it was at first.) It does run smoother than Firefox in most cases, and considering that after the third crash or so I am generally fed up with it and shutoff the Surface Pro and do something else, so yeah it saves battery life.

Seriously though, it is faster and does save battery life compared to Firefox. Firefox is very clunky feeling even without extensions enabled. If Edge would fix bookmarks issues and start carrying over the extension settings from system to system (Ublock for example how Firefox handles it) I would probably go with it full time on my not insider build system.
    09-25-2017 12:22 AM
    It was a good start but it's just like a lot of what MS is doing lately. They have a great start and ideas but just don't follow through on things in a timely manner.
    I agree. I use Edge as my default browser but I’m looking forward when Microsoft start pushing Edge updates through the App Store rather than major OS updates. I hope this will encourage them to add features and improve the web browser more frequently.
    09-26-2017 06:11 PM
    I installed the latest Windows build (16299.15) and I am impressed about how Edge now performs. Much better than before. I also love the favorites bar. This was a big issue for me in previous versions
    10-03-2017 03:08 PM
    seems Microsoft is releasing Edge on iOS and Android for better penetration.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/5/1...ndroid-preview
    10-05-2017 10:18 AM
    seems Microsoft is releasing Edge on iOS and Android for better penetration,
    They're probably doing it to give their W10M refugees an option to continue to use Edge, since some of them would be using Edge on their desktops.
    10-05-2017 10:26 AM
    Very happy
    10-05-2017 11:20 AM
    Love Edge on my personal devices, since my college administered laptop has a borked version (overzealous IT) it sucks on there (won't even open PDF).
    10-05-2017 02:43 PM
    Edge on the PC I can use and does well about 95% of the time. The other 5% I have chose to use Chrome. On mobile on my Windows 10 Mobile device, it literally kills my battery and resources every time. I do not understand if it is bad coding on Microsofts part or what. Heat and Battery use take its toll on my Lumia when using Microsoft Edge. This past 20 days or so I have been using a Lumia ICON...
    10-18-2017 06:31 PM
    though there have some problems. But overall I am happy with it. hehe!
    10-18-2017 10:12 PM
    In the meantime I switched to Firefox 57 and couldn't be happier. Text rendering is on par with Edge and it is faster, more stable and has no issues whatsoever. When Edge becomes stable enough for me, then I will switch back. I still like many things about it, but it is not enough.
    12-02-2017 04:33 PM
    Last week I got my new Surface Book 2 and today I told to myself, let's try Edge again. I used Firefox in tablet mode yesterday and it certainly isn't a great experience. In desktop mode, Firefox is very good. I hope Edge will not start behaving bad. I just want a great browser, that is stable, fast and is deeply integrated into the OS..
    I am only using 2-3 extentions, so I hope performance will remain great.
    12-10-2017 06:54 AM
154 ... 4567