Is anybody happy with Edge?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi the title of this thread "Is anybody happy with Edge" Yes I'm very happy with edge. That's because I don't use it. I'm a die hard, and I'll never give up my Firefox no matter how many bad reports it gets. LMAO! I gave edge a shot and it stopped working. It said it stopped working. but I couldn't tell that it had. I'm sure MS will get the bugs out soon. Until I can see where there's a big improvement over Firefox, I'm staying with my Firefox!

Phil93

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Happy for day to day browsing use, especially like the easy to use project to screen option to cast YouTube and other media to my TV without adds. Real shame that's missing from the mobile version. On occasions when I have to open a site in IE or Chrome for compatibility reasons it really hits home just how slick and modern edge is.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any real issues with Edge. The only thing I can think of is that Discord doesn't support Edge, but I'd rather use teamspeak anyway. I'm not a power user though...

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I was a Chrome user, but sooner than later was too heavy and failing with a lot of stuff, after that I started using Edge for some tasks and webs but I finally kind of give up and now using Opera.

Not because it's bad, but because Opera did the job I wanted better.

I think it depends of what do you browse more than the browser itself.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Completely disgusted with Edge on my phone and laptop. Actually runs best on my Surface 3. But always slow, freezing, takes 10 seconds to close a tab, memory leaks. Even with that, due to being a glutton for punishment, I kept using it. It used to sync my favorites except that it would duplicate every favorite and every favorite folder. I had would have 2 of every single favorite and folder I ever created. Then it stopped syncing and I was left with 3 devices with 3 different sets of favorites. Then after I deleted the favorites from my laptop in the hopes it would cause Edge to sync again, it ended up syncing in reverse with my Surface and deleted all of the favorites on there as well. Absolute trash.

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm a full time Edge user for sometimes now. It's performance is great, much better than chrome for my daily use. On a few websites that it has problem (less and less now), I open them using IE. I reported the issue and Edge would be able to render those websites soon. :)

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I want to replace a Chrome Clone with Edge but there is one thing missing in my opinion and that is a session manager. Add a session Manager and I'll be happy.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Not really.

I actually stopped using Chrome and started using Edge, but some pages did not look good, performance - not great and I question security.

Started using FireFox!

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I actually like Edge... but like most Windows Store apps, Edge doesn't work when connected my VPN. That makes it rare when I get to use it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm satisfied with Edge. I only use Edge on my tablet (Yoga Book), and Edge is definitely the best browser to use on Atom tablets. Plus, it's far more enjoyable now that uBlock Origin is available. Still, that's not enough to displace Vivaldi as my browser of choice. The thing that would really allow me to switch would be if I could get Edge on Android.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Edge had become my default browser for a couple of months, after the Anniversary Update brought the ability to install add-ons. It served my needs pretty well too.

Then my laptop conked off, and now I'm using Opera. Mainly because I never liked Chrome, and Firefox has become irritating.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I was a Chrome user, but sooner than later was too heavy and failing with a lot of stuff

I remember when Chrome was first released back in 2008. I was using an old laptop that was barely running anymore. I don't remember which version of Internet Explorer it had, or even the Windows version (I think it was 98 upgraded to ME). Anyway, it would barely run IE. Chrome was initially very light, and it gave new life to the laptop. I could now browse again.

Over the years, as Chrome has developed and added features, it has indeed become much heavier. It is still my default browser though. In this day and age, the spec requirements of even the heaviest browser has become pretty much a non issue because hardware is cheap. It costs very little to add 8GB of RAM, or even an SSD.

That said, I still use IE, Edge, and Firefox occasionally, and I cannot say that I can tell any significant difference in speed between any of them. Every computer I use regularly has an SSD and at least 8GB of RAM, so maybe I'm spoiled!

ATV_Hightower

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Since I got my Surface Pro 4 last April I switched from Chrome to Edge.
Sometimes Edge is a little bit unresponsive or slow and it uses way too much RAM. But I like to draw on websites and dircetly share it with friends and coworkers. Adblock was horrible but now uBlock origin is available :love: and it speeds up Edge a lot!

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree that uBlock is making Edge faster, but extensions shouldn't be able to crash Edge or make it unresponsive in the first place...Microsoft has still a lot of work with Edge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon