Microsoft - Wireless Display Adapter for $29.99 [Expired]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy / BestBuy@eBay has Microsoft - Wireless Display Adapter for $29.99. Shipping is free
Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Black CG4-00001 - Best Buy
[URL="https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575095911&toolid=10001&campid=5337543237&customid=UUwpUvbUpU3292859&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FMicrosoft-Wireless-Display-Adapter-Black-%2F191552946896%3FrmvSB%3Dtrue%2522]Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Black | eBay[/URL] [This web offer on eBay marked ended]

Last edited by a moderator:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I picked one up a few weeks back. I had credit and it was on sale for $40. I only had to pay $5 out of pocket. I still haven't taken it out of the box yet, lol.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would probably use it on the spare TV in the basement but I already have an Amazon Fire TV Stick hooked up. I got that when Amazon offered it for $20 for Prime members.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It's back in stock.
For people who are wondering about the use, if you are planning to buy the new Lumia's you can use it for wireless continuum.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes but they have plenty at the stores. Well my Surface Book bricked so it's on it way back to MS for a repalcement. So attempted to set it up with my alienware 18. Ok what is inside the package was the adapter whics had a USB connector and another cable. We me being the not reading directions type of guy. I plugged the adapter into the USB of Tv and plugged the HDMI extender cable into a HDMI port. Then I did a search on the device and seeing a picture I realized there was a cap over the HDMI connection. The then realized the wire I connected to the HDMI port was and extender if the USB and HDMI ports were a little further apart. Si took the cap off and connect the adapter with one end to USB and other to HDMI. I then used my TV remote to set to the correct HDMI input and it displayed the MS display adapter on the screen and gave me a message nothing was connected.

I then downloaded the MS Wireless Display adapter app and ran it. It said it was connected and gave me instructions to goto setting and connections and try to add the device which my Alienware hasn't been able to see. It finds devices I don't even know what they are like a external keyboard. Well I'm waiting to receive my Surface book back to try it. The device should work with it since it's especially desinged for surfaces.

Last edited:

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Wow that is good deal, but sold out, I got one months ago for $40 from best buy as open item, love it, especially carried it around for presentations and ocassionally watch movies. And best part is it worked almost universally (WP, windows and android) without needing a app or any thing.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Went out and bought one, but I can't get it to work with my Alienware laptop. Looked online, and many people who used it well with W8.1 are now having issues with it on Windows 10.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
After several failed attempts to connect my Yoga 2 to the adapter, I finally got it to work. It has worked fine 3 times in a row so far, fingers crossed. There's a good 1-2 second lag but it's bearable for video or photos. The sound played through the TV without any extra work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99