08-05-2018 03:14 PM
2,323 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    So as you know. Why are you stating it as bad, sooner or later windows phone will fall in same problem/criteria.
    I have no idea what you just said, and yeah, device fragmentation is a bad thing
    11-05-2014 10:20 AM
    Ryan what about GT racing2 update we will have the new cars and new features like IOS and Droid ? And maybe cloud saving because I can't save my game .
    11-06-2014 10:38 AM
    Why am I stating it as bad? Because it it is bad...

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
    He is saying that due to the device fragmentation, users have the option to change their graphics settings, just like on a PC and that is a GREAT thing. The only reason users can do so is due to device fragmentation. With that said, thanks to device fragmentation for giving us the ability to adjust our graphical settings on our phones.

I wish all games on phones would allow us to change the graphical settings. We should be able to ensure that our games run the best on the hardware that we have. Nothing is worse than having a powerful device and a game that has been coded to display low resolution textures and low polygon models because the developer did not code the game to scale to the performance of your phone's GPU and RAM configuration.

Beach Buggy Racing allows us to change many graphical effects such as resolution, Lens splash fx, boost blur, color correction, water reflection, water normal map, hi-res water mesh, v-sync 60hz, hi-res models, hi-res textures, scene complexity and more. Now THAT is how you add graphical settings to a mobile game! They can take my money!
    Visa Declined and Lumio like this.
    11-06-2014 04:32 PM
    He is saying that due to the device fragmentation, users have the option to change their graphics settings, just like on a PC and that is a GREAT thing. The only reason users can do so is due to device fragmentation. With that said, thanks to device fragmentation for giving us the ability to adjust our graphical settings on our phones.

I wish all games on phones would allow us to change the graphical settings. We should be able to ensure that our games run the best on the hardware that we have. Nothing is worse than having a powerful device and a game that has been coded to display low resolution textures and low polygon models because the developer did not code the game to scale to the performance of your phone's GPU and RAM configuration.

Beach Buggy Racing allows us to change many graphical effects such as resolution, Lens splash fx, boost blur, color correction, water reflection, water normal map, hi-res water mesh, v-sync 60hz, hi-res models, hi-res textures, scene complexity and more. Now THAT is how you add graphical settings to a mobile game! They can take my money!
    Yes, graphical option are very nice, but that does not make device fragmentation a good thing! Saying that you can only get graphical options if the platform has device fragmentation is just total nonsense. As you mentioned, Beach Buggy Racing has lots of graphical options even though wp has very minimal device fragmentation compared to android.
    TechAbstract likes this.
    11-06-2014 05:11 PM
    Six Guns Update!!!!!!!
    11-06-2014 06:47 PM
    When is GTR2 update going to come?
    Sent from my dark knight 1320
    Deaconclgi likes this.
    11-06-2014 09:30 PM
    Yes, graphical option are very nice, but that does not make device fragmentation a good thing!
    Device fragmentation makes development more difficult, but (1.) I'm not a developer, and (2.) It hasn't stopped an abundance of apps and games from making their way to Android.
    11-07-2014 01:27 AM
    Device fragmentation makes development more difficult, but (1.) I'm not a developer, and (2.) It hasn't stopped an abundance of apps and games from making their way to Android.
    Android games are more buggy also due to bigger hardware fragmentation.
    11-07-2014 01:46 AM
    Android games are more buggy
    This thread is proof that Windows Phone games are buggy also. And as someone who owns a lot of Android devices and plays a lot of games, I rarely have any problems.
    11-07-2014 03:52 AM
    Six Guns Update!!!!!!!
    Nope still nothing too bad I'm close to LV 26 and most of time game show stupid bugs like invisible hauses or enemys stuck in walls etc.
    11-07-2014 05:06 AM
    This thread is proof that Windows Phone games are buggy also.
    Uh no... This thread is only about GAMELOFT games!
    11-07-2014 08:13 AM

11-07-2014 12:03 PM
    This thread is proof that Windows Phone games are buggy also. And as someone who owns a lot of Android devices and plays a lot of games, I rarely have any problems.

Nope I won't say same about Android. Only high end devices are good at gaming in Android. WP lack developers attention
    11-07-2014 12:04 PM
    Yes, graphical option are very nice, but that does not make device fragmentation a good thing! Saying that you can only get graphical options if the platform has device fragmentation is just total nonsense. As you mentioned, Beach Buggy Racing has lots of graphical options even though wp has very minimal device fragmentation compared to android.
    Device fragmentation sucks! I was not saying that you can only get those settings by having device fragmentation. I was trying to explain what the other person meant.

I experienced device fragmentation first hand owning a Samsung Galaxy S 2 and a HTC One S when they were both flagship devices and I couldn't run my games on both due to the developer not making the game compatible even though the chipsets were improved versions of the Snapdragons that were available at the time. Oddly, the biggest culprit was Asphalt 7, defaulting to low resolution textures and overall graphics when my phone had the most powerful chipset at the time. I used to have to go and edit the config files since Gameloft didn't optimize the games at the time. Optimize as in simply enabling the graphical effects.

It was frustrating beyond measure and was one of the factors of me switching from Android as my main phone OS. Who likes to pay money for software and then buy a much better phone and get "This app is not compatible with your device" when you KNOW your device is more powerful than the one you had before.
    jrdatrackstar1223 likes this.
    11-07-2014 03:39 PM
    Can you all just cut the crap!!! Follow the topic of this thread
    11-08-2014 01:46 AM
    Can you all just cut the crap!!! Follow the topic of this thread
    "Get off of my lawn! Ya damn kids!" Lol!
    anon8855939 likes this.
    11-08-2014 03:18 AM
    Has anyone of you experienced that "asking for carrier bug" on Spider-Man Unlimited every time when the game is up and running? This is really annoying. I'm tired of tapping the carrier and then OK -.-

P.S. This is only happening when connected to WiFi (and probably on cellular).
    11-08-2014 02:01 PM
    Has anyone of you experienced that "asking for carrier bug" on Spider-Man Unlimited every time when the game is up and running? This is really annoying. I'm tired of tapping the carrier and then OK -.-

P.S. This is only happening when connected to WiFi (and probably on cellular).
    It hapens to me on Asphalt 8.
    11-08-2014 02:07 PM
    Hello Ryan,

Any update as to when the text corruption in GT Racing 2 will be fixed for devices running the Snapdragon 800 SOC such as the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930? We haven't been able to play the game for months.

Thank you
    11-08-2014 10:03 PM
    Hello Ryan,

Any update as to when the text corruption in GT Racing 2 will be fixed for devices running the Snapdragon 800 SOC such as the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930? We haven't been able to play the game for months.

Thank you
    Yes, for months. It doesn't even open on my 1320. Gameloft logo is shown then it crashes. If I delete this game, I won't get my progress back as this game doesn't sync progress. Ahh, gameloft is taking too much time fixing this.
    11-08-2014 10:06 PM
    Can I play multiplayer asphalt 8 with my brother on Android and Windows phone
    11-09-2014 07:22 AM
    Nope.
    11-09-2014 08:03 AM

Yes, create a game, hopefully you can.
    11-09-2014 09:36 AM
    Nope.

Not directly in multiplayer, but by creating game, its possible.
    11-09-2014 09:36 AM
    Hello Ryan,

Thank you

He said that the team is already aware of this, and they are probably working on it. I don't expect an update any time soon, though.
    11-09-2014 11:19 AM
2,323 ... 6869707172 ...