Xbox One: 1080p option?

blahblahwtf

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost, I got my Xbox One last week (my first Xbox, hooray for me!)

I know there was an update going on this week and I believe I got it yesterday since my Xbox told me there was an update pending. I went ahead and downloaded/installed the update. I haven't had time to mess with my Xbox One until today (busy person). I found out that now there is a 1080p option. If they added that on the recent update that is great of them! Maybe this was mentioned before, but I haven't had time to keep in touch with recent news regarding the Xbox One. So good job Microsoft! 😁

blahblahwtf

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I thought the Xbox One was only going to feed the TV 720p and was the only option. 1080p wasn't even an option at launch, but now I see it as one. Now the question is if it does feed the TV 1080p.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much. Haha

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I thought the Xbox One was only going to feed the TV 720p and was the only option. 1080p wasn't even an option at launch, but now I see it as one. Now the question is if it does feed the TV 1080p.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much. Haha

There is 2 modes under HDMI, "HDMI auto" and HDMI (manual). The Auto will pull your EDID and configure your Xbox one for the specs of your tv. IF your TV only supports 720p, it will format it for 720p. Most tvs have a converter that will automatically take any signal that is 1080p and drop it down to the native res of the display (720p or 1080p). Just because you can select it, does not mean you will get it.

The xbox one ONLY supports 480p, 720p and 1080p. You will not see 480p in the options if you reset the video, it will drop to it's lowest possible.

Is your set 720p native ? That is why it might only set for that...

blahblahwtf

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
There is 2 modes under HDMI, "HDMI auto" and HDMI (manual). The Auto will pull your EDID and configure your Xbox one for the specs of your tv. IF your TV only supports 720p, it will format it for 720p. Most tvs have a converter that will automatically take any signal that is 1080p and drop it down to the native res of the display (720p or 1080p). Just because you can select it, does not mean you will get it.

The xbox one ONLY supports 480p, 720p and 1080p. You will not see 480p in the options if you reset the video, it will drop to it's lowest possible.

Is your set 720p native ? That is why it might only set for that...

My tv does support 1080p. When I first set my Xbox One to my tv it only gave me an option of 720p. Now, after the update, it gives me the 1080p option. Eh, I'm really that worry about the resolution because in my eyes the Xbox still looks gorgeous so anything works for me.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The night I got my Xbox One (launch night), I was forced to go into the settings because the graphics of the home screen didn't wow me at all. I played with my TV settings, then changed it from HDMI (auto) to HDMI, and saw the options for both 720p and 1080p on my console. This was launch night.

1080p is most certainly a native resolution for Xbox One, been there since the beginning, and.. as for the games.. Forza 5 is 1080p. As is Need for Speed: Rivals. And FIFA 14. And NBA 2K14. And some others... and these were all launch titles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2