Lost in Decision Making

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am being planning to use my savings to buy a new tablet for my birthday which is around 29th June, but I being stuck in the decision making process. Here's what I wanted to do on my tablet:

• Browsing the web+Skype
  • Sketching
  • Casual gaming
  • Comics+book reading

My preferred tablet specs:
  • 8 to 10 inch
  • no Google please. So Androids are out of the picture
  • Cheap (because Malaysian Ringgit is 3 times worth less than USD)

One of my obvious choices is the Surface 2 (don't mention the Pro 2 because Microsoft decided to skip the Pro 2 and give us Malaysians the Pro 3 instead). I being wrestling between the Surface 2, iPad Mini with Retina, ASUS Vivotab Smart and Acer Iconia W3.

I being reading up reviews saying that those Intel Atom tablets (i.e. ASUS VivoTab and Iconia W3) is not as snappy as those like Surface 2, etc. Then between the Surface 2 and the iPad Mini, I being wrestling between the sizes between the two (iPad Mini won that one) and the multitasking capabilities (Surface 2 won that one unless iOS 8 bring multiwindow snapping). Now I am lost in the decision making, so I need some help.

P/S Is there any alternative to those expensive (it costs from RM 300 to RM 600, definitely blowing my budget) to the touch and type covers ?

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am being planning to use my savings to buy a new tablet for my birthday which is around 29th June, but I being stuck in the decision making process. Here's what I wanted to do on my tablet:

• Browsing the web+Skype All tablet can do that
  • Sketching pen required
  • Casual gaming most tablet can do that
  • Comics+book reading All tablet can do that

My preferred tablet specs:
  • 8 to 10 inch
  • no Google please. So Androids are out of the picture
  • Cheap (because Malaysian Ringgit is 3 times worth less than USD)

One of my obvious choices is the Surface 2 (don't mention the Pro 2 because Microsoft decided to skip the Pro 2 and give us Malaysians the Pro 3 instead). I being wrestling between the Surface 2, iPad Mini with Retina, ASUS Vivotab Smart and Acer Iconia W3.

I being reading up reviews saying that those Intel Atom tablets (i.e. ASUS VivoTab and Iconia W3) is not as snappy as those like Surface 2, etc. Then between the Surface 2 and the iPad Mini, I being wrestling between the sizes between the two (iPad Mini won that one) and the multitasking capabilities (Surface 2 won that one unless iOS 8 bring multiwindow snapping). Now I am lost in the decision making, so I need some help.

P/S Is there any alternative to those expensive (it costs from RM 300 to RM 600, definitely blowing my budget) to the touch and type covers ?

im from malaysia too, yeah, surface pro 2 are the best decision when using pen, i will wait for suface pro 4 so that suface pro 3 price will down, and buy it, yeah waiting is such a pain, if you need it very soon
-if you might using your tablet under the sun (or sun reflect to your home or something...), i recommend nokia lumia 2520 (10.1") RM 1584 or below
-for gaming, Razer Edge Gaming Tablet: The World's First Tablet Designed for PC Gamers - Razer Canada chose graphic NVIDIA GT 640M LE, dont choose intel, quite expensive, minimum RM2600
-not available for malaysia, dell venue 8 pro, RM800 (32GB) or RM860 (64GB)

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I never recalled Nokia Malaysia/Microsoft Mobile start selling the Lumia 2520 over here.
From I recalled from numerous trips, I can only find Surfaces, Acer Iconia W3, W4, ASUS Vivo Tab Smart, Vivo Tab RT, Transformer Book T100.

It has to be within RM 1400, the Surface 2 just RM 1 below my budget.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon