Does anyone still use a photo scanner?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Office lens? lol

In my world, we never have printed out photos anymore, everything stays on nas, my receipts for work expenses are expertly managed by office lens.

Even my kids school pictures, I can use office lens to take a photo of it and then filter the hell out of it to adjust it right down to the right look!

Would be interesting to hear from others who require a physical scanner and their use cases.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
We have an older HP Deskjet 3522 combo print/scanner here.
I still occasionally scan photo prints and it works well for saving to the PC.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Office Lens does a good job. But then the normal W10M problems: upload to Onedrive does not work, must use File browser and upload by hand. Everything so clumsy to use.

When possible, use a scanner. Much easier and it just works. Better for photos in any case.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Office Lens does a good job. But then the normal W10M problems: upload to Onedrive does not work, must use File browser and upload by hand. Everything so clumsy to use.

What do you mean upload to OneDrive doesn't work? I just tried it in office lens and the picture showed up in OneDrive

Last edited:

mentor4

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Yes, photo scanners are still used as many of the 4-6 trillion printed photos created prior to digital imaging as still in their analog format. The Kodak Picture Saver Scanner is now in its 3rd generation of Scanner having already transformed close to a billion paper photos at high-speed delivering high-quality. In fact, the recent introduction into this market space by the likes of Google and Epson means there are a ton of old printed photo treasures still needing to be scanned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3