Verizon Trophy 2150mAh battery

thefurion

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here in the forum purchased the extended battery kit from verizon?

Trophy Extended Battery

Mind if you post some pics and/or some video on youtube on what the bulge looks like? Also some reviews to see how much the battery lasts? :D

Thanks

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't, **** Amazon hasn't even shipped my phone yet, but guessing from the one photo Verizon gives us I'd say it's probably about 2mm thicker.

2150mAh is roughly 1.65 times larger than the battery it ships with, so if you make it through an entire day now you should make it into a little over half the next day.

rion_j

May 28, 2011
Visit site
that bulge looks pretty big, but if you need the extra juice its nice to know there is an option for this.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Will you let us know how the Mugen works? I was considering it but am always a bit cautious when buying "unofficial" peripherals

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Mugen Batteries

Will you let us know how the Mugen works? I was considering it but am always a bit cautious when buying "unofficial" peripherals

Mugen has been around since the early days of the PDA. They made batteries for HP, Palm, Casio and the Axim line. I had the Axim 50 with the extended battery and it worked flawlessly. Don't be worried about buying from them.:)

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, guys on the Android forums are all over them on their other HTC devices, there's even a U-Tube vid of the "instal" on a trophy haha...

sangwl

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday, went through the whole day without charging.....had about 60% left as compared to about 20% left on original.

I actually like the bulge. When holding the phone with both hands to type, it’s a nice feeling to have the index fingers touch and hold the phone securely while the thumbs do their work.

The only con, with the bulge sides, dust can get caught up on them and cleaning is necessary. But the bulge isn't as bad as I thought.

Puts great weight to the phone as well now. I prefer a heavier phone.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I can tolerate such an increase in thickness. But I may get it and use it as an alternative to carrying a cable and charger from time to time.

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've considered getting one, most days I don't need the extra juice but for the days I do it would be nice. I don't think the extra thickness would bother me all that much.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
love it

I ordered the extended battery and started using it last night. I still need to cycle a few times, but I've already noticed a dramatic difference in battery life (around 85% left after 12 hrs). Granted, i charged the phone last night and unplugged before bed. I've been casually browsing, using some apps and opening some files throughout the morning.

I actually prefer the increased thickness and weight, the phone before was too thin for my taste and made it difficult to type.

My 2c

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Mugen has been around since the early days of the PDA. They made batteries for HP, Palm, Casio and the Axim line. I had the Axim 50 with the extended battery and it worked flawlessly. Don't be worried about buying from them.:)

That's what I thought, but the Mugen I received was a counterfeit (labeled for my 'Driod Pro'. Ordered thru official Mugen link based on repuation and positive reviews - what I discovered is that there is no central Mugen store - they are all independent distributors who can charge whatever they want. Mine came from Asia (this was not obvious until after clicking 'buy"), and was a fake. My phone did not recognize it at times... it would not hold a charge... all the badness that could be, was, short of explosion or fire. I WAS able to return for a refund of purchase price, minus shipping.

I would be a bit cautious. I have the Verizon extended battery for the Trophy, and it works perfectly... does what I expected. I use standard battery on days when I will be near a charger, and extended when I won't. With extended, I never worry about running out of juice before I can recharge. Love it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's what I thought, but the Mugen I received was a counterfeit (labeled for my 'Driod Pro'. Ordered thru official Mugen link based on repuation and positive reviews - what I discovered is that there is no central Mugen store - they are all independent distributors who can charge whatever they want. Mine came from Asia (this was not obvious until after clicking 'buy"), and was a fake. My phone did not recognize it at times... it would not hold a charge... all the badness that could be, was, short of explosion or fire. I WAS able to return for a refund of purchase price, minus shipping.

I would be a bit cautious. I have the Verizon extended battery for the Trophy, and it works perfectly... does what I expected. I use standard battery on days when I will be near a charger, and extended when I won't. With extended, I never worry about running out of juice before I can recharge. Love it.

Valid point. I saw more Treo's over at Treo Central that were destroyed by 3rd party/noname/ebay batteries, than I care to remember.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon