To get IM+ Push notifications to work....

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Log out [turn off] all accounts, go to home screen, reopen IM+, log into [turn on] accounts. BOOM, push will work with toast and tile notifications.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that ish is 39.00 on BlackBerry. I wouldn't pay more than 10 for any app. I was speaking of the pre-release that can be had. I wonder if they pre-release will work after it's released on the marketplace.
Do we know for sure it's going to be free, cause from a cursory glance it's somewhat pricey across the other platforms.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Do we know for sure it's going to be free, cause from a cursory glance it's somewhat pricey across the other platforms.
My guess is they will be reasonable ($3.99 or less). When I tried using my 4+ year old license for IM+on my WM 6.5 phone (originally purchased it for my WM Standard sort of dumb phone) they gladly updated my license, no charge. All it took was an email. Aces in my book.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a handful of apps that started out at $4.99-$5.99 and after no comments/reviews for several weeks, the app got marked down to $1.99-$2.99. Handyscan and Weave have both been on sale for a week or so to generate sales. Guess it all depends on how many users are willing to pay $9.99. If it included WLM, maybe.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. I was all set to pay the full monte for this app today when I finally got my phone back, then I read the reviews. I think I will be texting for now. :(

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. I was all set to pay the full monte for this app today when I finally got my phone back, then I read the reviews. I think I will be texting for now. :(
Yeah, aside from the laggy performance comments, about 20% of users complaining about no push/live tiles. That's not IM+s fault of course. That's the same problem everyone faces as registry keys build up on your device. By the time Mango gets here I figure about 60-75% of users will have non-working push/live tiles. Sure hope Microsoft gets this right the second time around.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, I was just reading something you wrote on the LT issue. If I keep deleting the Endpoints and Managed Endpoints again, will this cause any problems with the phone. I'm not receiving push on certain apps again.
Yeah, aside from the laggy performance comments, about 20% of users complaining about no push/live tiles. That's not IM+s fault of course. That's the same problem everyone faces as registry keys build up on your device. By the time Mango gets here I figure about 60-75% of users will have non-working push/live tiles. Sure hope Microsoft gets this right the second time around.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Me too. I was wondering how they were going to make it work when apparently no one else has dove in there with a good product in all this time. I neeeeeeds my Google Talk. C'mon Mango!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
IM+ has worked flawlessly for me. I'm still running the beta. A little laggy at start up, but notifications works.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, I was just reading something you wrote on the LT issue. If I keep deleting the Endpoints and Managed Endpoints again, will this cause any problems with the phone. I'm not receiving push on certain apps again.
You don't want to delete any Managed Endpoints. You need those for the P/LTs to work. Its the extra Endpoints that cause the problem. The rather labaroois method is to match up the cookie references for each MEP with EPs and delete the extras. The quick method: delete the entire EP key (and everything in it). Soft reset (mist do this) and then open/close each of your P/LTs. Your MEPs should match your EPs again, till the next time. I have been deleting EPs since March with 0 negative effect. Its just extra scraps that MS code is not deleting when apps reregister occasionally.

What P/LT apps are not working? Some occasionally have server side issues, but the 10 I currently use all work reliably.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb