To get IM+ Push notifications to work....

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rowi and AlphaJax. AlphaJax hasn't worked in forever. Even after I deleted the EndPoints.
You don't want to delete any Managed Endpoints. You need those for the P/LTs to work. Its the extra Endpoints that cause the problem. The rather labaroois method is to match up the cookie references for each MEP with EPs and delete the extras. The quick method: delete the entire EP key (and everything in it). Soft reset (mist do this) and then open/close each of your P/LTs. Your MEPs should match your EPs again, till the next time. I have been deleting EPs since March with 0 negative effect. Its just extra scraps that MS code is not deleting when apps reregister occasionally.

What P/LT apps are not working? Some occasionally have server side issues, but the 10 I currently use all work reliably.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
On a side note, the first time I deleted the files, I deleted all Endpoints and Managed EndPoints. :(

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've deleted the endpoints and managedendpoints folders about 20 times in the last 2 months (i experiment with different live tile apps alot) and so far i've had no problems...i'm no expert though

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I've deleted the endpoints and managedendpoints folders about 20 times in the last 2 months (i experiment with different live tile apps alot) and so far i've had no problems...i'm no expert though
No problem deleting the Managed Endpoints, as they also recreate as soon as you open/close a P/LT app. Just no need as there is never more than 1 per app, and almost all apps delete their MEP when you delete the app, so nothing to clean up.

Just make sure to soft reset after deleting "all" you EPs. Otherwise you will have a bunch of multiples. Remember, nirvana here is having an equal number of MEPs and EPs. I have gone two weeks, adding and removing apps, without any soft resets and MEP/EP remained balanced. Frequent soft resets really screw things up.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Rowi and AlphaJax. AlphaJax hasn't worked in forever. Even after I deleted the EndPoints.

On a side note, the first time I deleted the files, I deleted all Endpoints and Managed EndPoints. :(
Dont use Alphajax, but I tried Rowi for a couple weeks and only saw the tile update one time, so I bet the issue is at their end.

On deleting MEPs, see my other comment below.Won't hurt, but not necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria