Amazing Weather background task gets blocked

anon(5332690)

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
On my Lumia 920 (Portico) I have two live tiles and the lockscreen display of AW HD enabled. I noticed that my lockscreen info is often showing weather conditions of yesterday. So when I check my background tasks, it says that AW HD is blocked. When I re-enter the app, the background task is active again.
Now after some time, the background task is blocked AGAIN. The phone does not go into battery saving mode in that time, this seems to happen just out of nowhere.
Anyone else noticing the issue?

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the Bing lockscreen app always shows the picture of the day before, don't know if it's the same issue, or it's a "feature" that tries to save battery by checking for an update for the lockscreen only once or twice per day...

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I received an update yesterday, now the lockscreen and live tiles aren't working 😞....
Sent from my Nokia L810 using Board Express

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me at night...

I have Amazing Weather as the lock screen with Bing for the background image... I go to sleep and when I wake up I notice the last update to lock screen was the one before midnight... So every morning my weather is out of sync.

I noticed that before choosing Amazing Weather as my lock screen I had the Bing lock screen by itself and that was not updating by itself either. I wonder if it is the same issue. It is the only annoyance I have with my phone.

Any ideas?

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I was having a similar problem after getting the latest update. Try deleting the live tile and then re-pinning it. After doing this my live tile and lock screen have worked perfectly.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I was having a similar problem after getting the latest update. Try deleting the live tile and then re-pinning it. After doing this my live tile and lock screen have worked perfectly.
Interesting... Although I actually removed the live tile when I made Amazing Weather my lock screen. I'll add it back and see what happens. Thank you. :)

By the way, I don't have an actual city added, just the current gps location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2