Lumia 920 and Asphalt 7?

_patrickc_

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
When Asphalt 7 first launched, it showed not compatible with my Lumia 920... I waited a while, and tried again. It showed compatible! So I quickly hit buy and download, only to leave the WiFi area before the download completed (sad, I know)... So when I got home, I tried to re-download, and it isn't available for my device again! So it wouldn't download! Is there a way around this, or should I wait a little longer? I understand its only $1, buy this is one of my favorite games lol. I own it on every mobile device I have, or that I can own it on.
Any help is greatly appreciate :)
Edit: seemed to have fixed itself, downloading now. Will keep it updated here when I wake up.
Thanks!

Last edited:

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got it yesterday on my Lumia 920 and I've been playing it just fine. I've seen it on the store every time I've gone up. That said, I've run into trouble before trying to download apps, I wonder if it's due to server load.

I've been comparing Asphalt 7 to 6 on my iPad. I've noticed a few things, on the iPad the game runs closer to 60FPS, where as on our phone I'd say maybe 30FPS. Also, all transitions are smoother on the iPad. But one of the most telling things was when I started looking at screenshots on my computer. Asphalt 7 is definitely not running at a full 1280x768. It's definitely higher than 800x480, but it's not full HD. The difference to iOS is glaring, where everything is crisp. This includes not only in-game art but all the interface items.

On the track I compared, Tokyo, I want to say that track side art, trees in particular, are more varied and denser on the iPad. Cherry blossoms present in Asphalt 6 are non-existent in Asphalt 7 where all trees look about the same. Without trying the same game on my iPad, of course, I won't know how much of it is due to overall updates. But it is a common technique for improving framerate.

Regardless, it's a fun game and plays pretty well. I wouldn't want my obsessiveness to deter anyone from getting this game.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Alot of people who seem to be having problems have said that if you goto the windows phone web site and download from there it works fine, or try rebooting the phone and then try, it took me about six attempts thru the market place on my phone before I finally got it to download, awesome game, I suck at it right now but awesome game non the less lol

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Considering that the developers are trying to optimize it now for 512 MB of Ram, hopefully it will run smoother on 1 GB of Ram when they do. Then, they can add more graphics for high end phones.

I got it yesterday on my Lumia 920 and I've been playing it just fine. I've seen it on the store every time I've gone up. That said, I've run into trouble before trying to download apps, I wonder if it's due to server load.

I've been comparing Asphalt 7 to 6 on my iPad. I've noticed a few things, on the iPad the game runs closer to 60FPS, where as on our phone I'd say maybe 30FPS. Also, all transitions are smoother on the iPad. But one of the most telling things was when I started looking at screenshots on my computer. Asphalt 7 is definitely not running at a full 1280x768. It's definitely higher than 800x480, but it's not full HD. The difference to iOS is glaring, where everything is crisp. This includes not only in-game art but all the interface items.

On the track I compared, Tokyo, I want to say that track side art, trees in particular, are more varied and denser on the iPad. Cherry blossoms present in Asphalt 6 are non-existent in Asphalt 7 where all trees look about the same. Without trying the same game on my iPad, of course, I won't know how much of it is due to overall updates. But it is a common technique for improving framerate.

Regardless, it's a fun game and plays pretty well. I wouldn't want my obsessiveness to deter anyone from getting this game.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Considering that the developers are trying to optimize it now for 512 MB of Ram, hopefully it will run smoother on 1 GB of Ram when they do. Then, they can add more graphics for high end phones.

Well, they are going to likely release a scaled-back (mostly graphically) version for those devices. Maybe they make a visual settings menu for the game, then you can turn the setting down to run it on lower-end devices, and you can turn it down for a less-intensive run on the upper-end devices, but the as-is game is not going to be removed to get this running on the lesser phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon