Snapchat app needed for windows phone

mr toes

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, im sure a lot of you are as annoyed about the lack of a snapchat app for windows phone. Now that itsdagram is here i think snapchat is the only other mainstream app we need. This is calling all windows phoners to unite and together by emailing the snapchat team (support@snapchat.com) and voting for windows phone as the next platform to develop for (http://www.snapchat.com/# go to technical support > my device is incompatible :( and then vote for windows phone) we can get an app before snapchat becomes the next fad that windows phoners can't participate in. Thanks for reading, even if you don't care about the app it would do wonders for the platform if you could just vote, thank you :)

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i got an error page when I tried to vote. I have voted in the past though. I REALLY hope this app comes soon. it's the last one on my wish list now that we have instagram.

also, would it be possible for developers to make a 3rd party app like the apps we have suddenly been seeing for instagram?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes we need need need Snapchat. All my friends use it and they always ask me to make a Snapchat.

I tried voting but also got an error. And it seems they removed their "Contact Us" link. I voted in the past and sent them emails. I'll try to find their email address and post it here so we can bug them about it :)

Also, yeah, Daniel Gary I think is working on a Snapchat app. I tweeted to him about it and he favorited the tweet so I think something is on its way!

Edit: Everyone email support@snapchat.com. I just emailed them and mentioned to them that if they released an app to WP then it would quickly climb to #1 in the app store. I did get a quick reply, but it's some kind of prewritten response they must give to all WP app requests. It said that Snapchat is not currently compatible with WP but they are always working to expand their app or something like that.

Just keep emailing them, they're bound to crack ;) Or maybe Daniel Gary can release an app sooner.

Edit 2: When you email them, try to keep Windows Phone out of the subject. I feel like if they see WP, they don't even read the email and just send the prewritten message.

Last edited:

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I think that it is much more problematic to introduct a third-party client for Snapchat compared to Instagram (such as Itsdagram). I have investigated this when I started to develop the Picit app for Windows Phone (considered at one point to introduce compatibility with Snapchat). The first issue is the API, it is not public; there are some third-party reverse-engineered implemetations but they do not provide full functionality. However, the APIs could change at any point, which would break any third-party clients. Also, the most problemtic issues are legal ones; Snapchat would definitely not approve of any unauthorised clients to access their backend, especially as it is important that the snapchat data is properly handled in accordance with their user policies (ironically, Snapchat has shown that they unfortunately not handle user data very well in their own implementation :)) In summary, technically it could be possible, but there are quite a lot of risks involved.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope they come out with this soon before it becomes "uncool" or less popular and your friends don't go on it anymore. (Like Draw Something, cough cough)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Man, that tweet was a while ago. I think Snapchat discovered some sort of problem at that meeting since we heard nothing since then.
or maybe they're in the process of making an app and don't want to make the mistake Nokia made with the 900 and 920 and tease a product that isn't here for months then release after all the initial hype is gone? Idk I'm speaking randomly I'm tired n drunk. :S

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Man, that tweet was a while ago. I think Snapchat discovered some sort of problem at that meeting since we heard nothing since then.

I'm sure they want Snapchat on the platform just as much as Instagram, but unfortunately these things aren't going to happen overnight. Snapchat is busy enough trying to satisfy their exploding userbase with bug fixes and enhanced features. Another of their more recent tweets says they're looking to hire some Android developers. Could this be so they can shift their focus into other areas like WP? Only time can tell, but I wouldn't expect seeing Snapchat on Windows Phone until at least after the Vine app makes it to Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon