Nokia Drive

Lumiagurl920

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I've been using the Nokia Drive as my GPS. It's awesome and very responsive. Is it possible to view the directions in your route before embarking? I've been just listening to it, going blindly out, but with my old Garmin, I used to view the directions beforehand.
Thanks

HansTj

May 10, 2013
Visit site
As of now, Nokia Drive does not have that feature. There is a workaround, however. You can first use Nokia Maps to find the directions, and it will give you the listing of directions. You then can choose to start navigation, at which point you will be directed to Nokia Drive and begin your navigation.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Why is there even a separate app for Drive versus Maps? I'm still getting used to my new Lumia 928 here and I find myself wondering why I now have to have two programs to take the place of the one mapping/navigation program that was there by default on my previous WP7 device. I just don't see what Maps is supposed to do that can't be handled by Drive just as easily (or vice-versa). Note, I do really like how well Drive works once I've got my destination entered in and start going. The one other thing that I've noticed/wondered about though is that, traffic can be shown in Maps, but not in Drive, and the drive times are all being calculated without taking traffic into consideration (which can make a big difference here in a fairly dense urban environment during rush hour). The other day my wife and I actually switched over to using her iPhone5 to do the navigating for us despite preferring the overall look and feel of Nokia Drive because we needed to see what the traffic was doing and how it was impacting our route an drive times. Anybody got a clue as to why this useful feature is missing from this otherwise excellent navigation app?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In the old version, the N Drive has an car nav optimized UI, bigger icon, huge font, highlight label for upcoming event etc. But now they somehow found away to merge the design language closer such that new comers like you will wonder why on earth they are separate apps. Just a little background good to know.

Lumiagurl920

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If I am correct, the Nokia Drive is still a BETA...Hopefully they add these features. In terms of spoken directions though, the Drive APP is awesome. It's spot on with the turns and it takes literally seconds to get a GPS fix. I bought Garmin Mobile XT to go with my older HTC Fuze with Windows Mobile 6.1. It took forever to get a GPS fix and many-a-times it would say the turns way after I had already passed it...Overall, I'm very pleased with my 920's GPS features. I hope they add traffic and direction viewing...not to mention that it's free! You can't beat free. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon