Is Verizon Getting A New WP?

jridgers

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I like the Nokia Lumia 928 on Verizon, but I see other phones showing up on other carriers that catch my eye as well (i.e., AT&T's forthcoming Samsung Ativ S Neo). Is Verizon planning on offering any new devices - other than the "phablets" recently announced? Wondering if I should wait or just get the 928.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I just hedged my bets a little bit and bought a used 928 of eBay for 200. Hopefully since I bought the 928, it will mean the 929 is released soon(November) since that seems to be my luck. If not I'll still get a windows phone at the same price I would have paid for a new 929.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just hedged my bets a little bit and bought a used 928 of eBay for 200. Hopefully since I bought the 928, it will mean the 929 is released soon(November) since that seems to be my luck. If not I'll still get a windows phone at the same price I would have paid for a new 929.

Thank you for using your bad luck to bring the date of 929 release closer. We all appreciate it. :wink:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Not only do I want this phone, but I think Nokia/Windows Phone need it. As I see it there isn't a Windows phone competitor to the HTC One, Galaxy S4 and LG G2. The 928 and 920 are great phones, but other than the camera there aren't any standout features that would attract the average consumer away from the other flagships. I think the 929 needs to be on all carriers and hopefully it will be.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mr. MacPhisto said on another thread (I think in the 822 forum) that there would be an Ativ S Neo and probably a Lumia 525 on Verizon around Christmas, and an enhanced version of the 1020 around Easter. There's a lot more in the thread than that (I went ahead and looked it up), so check it out. MacPhisto has a very good reputation for being honest and correct in the forums here.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Mr. MacPhisto said on another thread (I think in the 822 forum) that there would be an Ativ S Neo and probably a Lumia 525 on Verizon around Christmas, and an enhanced version of the 1020 around Easter. There's a lot more in the thread than that (I went ahead and looked it up), so check it out. MacPhisto has a very good reputation for being honest and correct in the forums here.

Just read that thread. He confirms what others have said that the 929 will be out around Thanksgiving. That's the phone I'm interested in getting my hands on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos